Chapter 22 - Plan McShizzle

I'm back! Finally. I had some family matters to take care of, but now it's over. I am so ready to get back to writing! I've got big plans for Mr McShizzle. Also, I just wanted to give a shout out to SeaweedGirl24 for giving me a great idea for the story. I will tweak it a bit though, but the idea will stay the same. Hope you enjoy! 

Percy's POV

Leo begged. And begged. And begged. And begged to be let into the Wings of Chaos Warriors after I told him what had happened over the past ten Earth years. And I avoided the question every time he asked it. Which was probably about 50 times. I was running out of excuses to avoid giving him an answer. He came up to me for the 60th time. "Please let me join you. You need some super McShizzle awesome!" 

"Er...Annabeth's making blue cookies and I wanna eat them before I turn into a guinea pig again I wanna enjoy life while it lasts cause you never know when you'll be turned into a guinea pig so bye gotta go eat cookies!" I completely stumbled over all my words and ran off, leaving a very confused Leo behind me. 

I didn't know whether I should let Leo in the warriors. It would be really hard to explain why Leo all of a sudden disappeared and a new warrior came to Earth. But if he was one, we would have more man power to stop annoying twerps like Jake from...uh...being like Jake. 

So I talked to Annabeth about it. She was in deep thought about why everyone was acting differently, especially the cabin counselors. When I walked in, she was muttering about how maybe the cabin counselors were intruders and the real cabin counselors were missing. "Like clones?" I interrupted her thoughts.

"Sort of. But I'm so confused on why only the cabin counselors have changed, and why the other demigods are letting them walk all over them. Even Piper is stricter than normal." She looked out the window to see Piper tearing down a poster of me shirtless that was hanging on the side of the Aphrodite cabin. I didn't know how they found that poster, but I was glad she took it down. "Usually she's so care free and happy," Annabeth finished.

"Yeah, well, we can worry about this later. Right now we need to decide whether or not to let Leo into the Wings of Chaos Warriors," I told her. She looked up with that familiar face that appeared whenever she had an idea. 

"No." 

"No?"

"No. I have an idea."

"Of course you do. Whenever you think really hard, your eyebrows scrunch together and you look intently at something that isn't interesting. Like that gray wall," I pointed to the wall that she was staring at, deep in thought. 

"Since Leo knows who we are, we should have him be a spy for us. He'll basically be a warrior, but without the flash." She lifted her wing to show "flash." It sparkled in the dim light of the evening, and I stared at her. I was so lucky to end up with Annabeth.

"Percy. Percy!" She snapped her fingers in front of my face. 

"Huh? What?" I looked around to see a very annoyed looking Annabeth sitting in front of me. "Oh. Sorry. Go on."

She rolled her eyes. "As I was saying, I feel like there is a lot more to this war than just fighting Kronos, Gaea, and Tartarus. Something is going on inside the camp. And I'm going to find out. We'll make Leo a spy, have him engage with the other campers, find out information. He'll report back to us, and we'll decide if the information is important to the war."

"So basically, it's like those spy movies? Like KC Undercover? Or Mission Impossible?" I asked, excited. 

"Yes Percy. Now stop freaking out. We have to go tell Leo."

Leo took the news pretty well. I mean, he was sad that he couldn't be in the warriors, but was super excited when he heard about being a spy. "So I get to report back to you? Like in KC Undercover? Or Mission Impossible?" He squealed. 

"Seriously? You too?" Annabeth groaned. 

I swung my arm around Leo. "Great minds think alike!" 

"Or Repair Boy is just as much as a seaweed brain as you," Annabeth countered. 

Leo pouted. "Come on Annie, where's the love?"

Annabeth didn't like that he called her Annie. She picked up a wrench off the workbench that was set up inside Bunker Nine where we were talking, and tried to hit Leo with it. I had to grab her and pull her back. "Calm down Annie, he's just joking." And that's how I ended up with a throbbing welt on the side of my head.

We were just discussing Leo's first mission (Like Mission Impossible!) to pry information out of Jake, when the conch horn blew. It signaled that a monster attack was approaching. The first wave of the war. And we hadn't even started training the campers yet!

A wave of about 100 or so monsters appeared at the top of Half-Blood Hill. For some odd reason, the barrier let them right in. What was that about? But I had no time to ponder. That was Annabeth's thing. This would be a piece of cake. 

I yelled over at Luke, who was emerging from the Chaos Cabin, his hair tousled like he had been sleeping. He probably had been sleeping. "Hey Luke! Time me!" He nodded and started his watch.

I pulled out Riptide and started slashing through the army of monsters. My mind went on auto pilot. No monster got by me. Even the flying pig thing that I had killed in the second titan war came flying down from the sky. I killed it again. When I finally stopped, I was covered in golden dust with spoils of war littered around me. A claw from a drakon. A horn from the Minotaur. 

"45 seconds!" Yelled Luke. I shook my head in embarrassment. That was disappointing. I usually beat monsters like that in less time. Oh well. I still had a whole war ahead of me to beat my high score. Which, by the way, was 15 seconds. 

Every demigod in the camp was staring at me. Even the Hunters of Artemis. Thalia had her bow drawn, ready to shoot, but I had demolished all of the monsters before she could. I twirled my sword. "And that, my friends, is what we will be training to do this week." Everyone groaned, while the Chaos Warriors looked ecstatic about torturing the campers with push ups, running, and worst of all, intense sword fighting. Well, bad for them. Super fun for us. 

As I was bowing to the crowd, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. I turned quickly, but not fast enough. The Chimera stabbed Leo, our important spy to help us in the war,  through the heart.

Duh duh duh! What did you think? Let me know. And maybe I'll reveal what happens next chapter. This chapter was short, and I'm sorry for that, but the chapters will gradually get longer as it gets deeper into the war. Once again, thanks for all the amazing comments!
                                                                                                                                              -Ahey