4. Mixed Emotions

Waking up Monday morning is nervewracking. Today me and Josh would have to talk to our boss about changing our mission and I knew he wasn't going to be happy. Unfortunately, it was out of my control. Now that I knew we were already two months pregnant with two little ones it was easy to see the small bump that I had originally dismissed as plain weight gain.

I had done some research on twins and from my research I had learned that in a short eight weeks it would be impossible to hide my bump...and that's if I was lucky. Some mothers popped as early as month three.

I climb out of bed and wander to the bathroom to take a shower and get rest for work while Josh makes breakfast. I put on a pair of jeans, noticing that they're already snug and I can't help but laugh. "You're already so big aren't you?" I ask, placing my hand over my belly.

"They're as big as grapes" Josh explains when he walks into our bedroom with a plate of pancakes and fruit.

I look back down at my belly and smile. "Our little grapes."

He laughs. "You should eat something, gorgeous. You don't need to pass out at work."

I nod, walking over to my plate and popping a bite of my breakfast into my mouth before walking back over to my closet and grabbing a purple blouse.

Josh sits on the bed and digs into his own breakfast and once I'm dressed I join him. "You feeling better today?" he asks. I nod.

"Today it's just sorta surreal" I admit. "I mean, I have two babies growing inside me. We went from not being able to get pregnant to having two little miracle babies."

"I'm excited for our families to find out." I quirk an eyebrow at him.

"You are? I'm terrified" I argue. "I mean, my mom is going to be excited and my dad will probably be happy but your mom" I shake my head. "She's not gonna like it one bit."

"My mom loves me and thus she has to love you. It's the law" he teases making me chuckle. "But seriously, don't worry about my mom. You just need to worry about yourself and the babies."

"And work" I interject. He scowls.

"Leave that to me" he insists. "If Aaron even thinks about pushing you around-."

I put my hand over his reassuringly, effectively shutting him up for a moment. "I'm a big girl. I can handle Aaron" I assure him. "And besides we're not giving him a say in the matter. This is about keeping our family safe."

~ 🚔 ~

I take Maya's hand in mine before knocking on the door of Aaron's office. We hear him grumble and Maya chuckles before he calls for us to come inside. I open the door and his eyes widen when he sees me and Maya. "Ah, my two favorite agents. To what do I owe the pleasure?" he asks as we take our seats across from his desk.

Maya's hand breaks from mine and instead clasps her own and she begins wringing them together nervously; a habit she's had since high school. I take a deep breath and lock eyes with our boss. "There have been some developments that we need to discuss with you."

He quirks an eyebrow at us. "Oh? And what would those be?"

"I'm pregnant" Maya begins.

Aaron shrugs. "Alright, well we knew this was a possibility and we've planned for this. The mission should take no more than-."

"It's twins" she cuts him off. "Which means that I'm going to start showing in a matter of weeks not months. Thus, my cover will be blown unless you want them to think I'm some teen mom junkie."