5. Party Time

The morning of the party I feel horrible. My nausea is in full swing and I can't seem to pick myself up off the bathroom floor. I loved our babies so much already but these symptoms were wrecking havoc on my body. Inhaling deeply I pick myself up off the floor and am pleased to find that my head has stopped spinning. I make my way towards the sink and brush my teeth before tying my hair up in a ponytail and walking into the bedroom where Josh is just now waking up. 

He looks up from the bed and yawns. "How long have you been up?" he asks curiously. I take a seat beside him on the bed and decide to lie. If I tell him I've been throwing up for an hour there was no way he'd let us host the party tonight and since it was such a vital part of our backstory I couldn't have that. 

"Not long. I was just freshening up" I tell him, reaching forward to push the hair back from his forehead. "We have to get ready for our party."

He groans. "Do you think anyone is going to believe that a teenager lives here?" he asks confusedly and I roll my eyes. 

"No one is going to go looking for 'my' bedroom" I argue. "They'll think our room is my parents room and I can make up a lie about how my room isn't finished and I'm sleeping on the couch" I fabricate. "Stop worrying so much."

He sighs, placing his hand on my thigh. "That's much easier said than done my love" he argues and a smile tugs at my lips. 

"And I appreciate you for doing that but you have to remember that I'm grown woman who doesn't like to be told no. You should know that better than anyone."

He nods. "I do recall that that's exactly how you ended up in your ex boyfriend's basement, tied to a chair."

I roll my eyes. "Baby you gotta let that go eventually."

He shakes his head. "Those memories are what remind me what I could lose" he argues. "Those nights when he had you were some of the scariest of my life Maya and I'm never letting that happen again." 

I smile, leaning down to peck his lips. "Baby I'm gonna be fine. It's just a party and I don't plan on drinking anything."

"Good" he replies, releasing a deep sigh. "Remember that if you need me I'm only one text away. I don't give a shit about Aaron's mission if it comes down between it and you. Understand?" 

I nod. "I understand but I'll be fine" I insist dismissively. "Now get out of here so you can prepare to make your big entrance tonight."

He groans, rolling back over in bed. "I hate everything" he grumbles making me giggle as I climb off the bed and head downstairs to make preparations.

***********************************************************************************************

The doorbell rings for the thousandth time tonight and I sigh, excusing myself from a dead-end conversation with the captain of the volleyball team to answer the door. The party was in full swing with teenagers filling Josh and I's small home to the brim. I could only hope that our plan would work or all the cleaning I'd have to do later tonight would so not be worth it. 

I pull open the door and find a tall red-head on the other side, clutching the arm of some guy with jet black hair. The way both of them were dressed in skin tight clothing and the obvious stench of weed wafting off the guy let on that these two were definitely two people I needed to befriend. "Hey" I greet them. "Welcome to my party."

"Hi" the girl snips, looking me up and down judgmentally. "You must be Megan, the new girl" she adds, observant as ever. 

"Um yea. Nice to meet you-." I trail off, unsure of what the girl's name is. She laughs, looking up towards her boyfriend like I'm the funniest thing she's ever seen.