The Fate of an Angel

"You were so lovely.."

Yuuri stood upon a cliff, the ocean waves crashing against the rocks. The sky was filled with anonymous clouds. There were sprinkles of rain dripping from the air. The air was heavy with a sense of security and privacy. It felt pleasant to Yuuri. Not to Phichit, who stood far from the Japanese man.

"Yuuri, please, get away from there...! I don't want anything to happen to you...!"

Yuuri gave a seldom smile. He took a step back, the crashing of the waves increasing in volume. Yuuri's hair flowed elegantly, as if the wind diliberately made the situation seem romantic in a way. Yuuri's eyes darkened as Phichit walked closer. His coat fluttered about with his eyes shining coldly. Phichit spouted out his worry but they were blocked out by Yuuri's ignorance.

Phichit became frantic. His body became hot with worry and shame. He brushed away the hair that was in his eyes to get a good look at Yuuri. Yuuri had a blank stare, as if he wasn't acknowledging Phichit's feeble attempts to prevent Yuuri from committing suicide.

"This is the only way to stop this." muttered Yuuri, who had no intention of returning back to Phichit, "You'll become a monstrosity once the sun rises."

Phichit felt his eyes water. The truth had not yet sunken into his very core just yet. He still hoped. He still prayed. He wanted a way out without the sacrifice of Yuuri.

Phichit's fate rested upon Yuuri, whose love poisoned all who he loved dearly. Yuuri was an angel created from Hell itself. His curse that was stored deep inside Yuuri's core. One had to be gone.

"Isn't there another solution to this?" cried Phichit, inching closer as Yuuri continued to step back.

Yuuri's smile softened. Yuuri could feel Phichit's heartbeats. He could hear the thoughts being thrown around in Phichit's head. Yuuri couldn't control what he was fated to become: a killing machine.

"There's no way for you to survive if I were to continue on. I was created to destroy," Yuuri said, "And... I can't stop loving you to stop this madness. You mean too much to me.."

Yuuri glanced to the ground, which was wet with the rain. Phichit took a step. Yuuri didn't acknowledge this. Phichit bolted to Yuuri. Yuuri dropped to the floor, on his knees. Phichit wrapped his arms around the Japanese man. Silence loomed in the air. They knew they didn't have much time. The sun was going to rise soon. The purple sky was arising.

"This isn't what I wanted on Earth..." Yuuri spoke, "I just wanted to find love..."

"I know, Yuuri. You didn't mean any harm." Phichit comforted.

Yuuri grabbed onto Phichit's coat and put his head on his shoulder. With the rain coming in harder, Phichit wasn't able to acknowledge Yuuri's silent tears streaming down his face and falling into his shoulder. Phichit smiled, holding him a little tighter. It won't be okay.

They stayed there until the sky brightened. The sun was was going to rise soon. Yuuri was the first to pull away from their embrace. He walked to the edge of the cliff. Phichit sat there, still fazed. Yuuri knew it had to be done to save Phichit. Yuuri turned around, the rain becoming colder. The wind shook the sea more violently. Yuuri's eyes filled with tears as he looked down into the sea. This was his fate. To drown in the sea. He reluctantly threw himself into the body of violent water.

As Yuuri was about to, Phichit took a breath, sprung up and ran. Without thinking, he shoved himself into Yuuri's arms. They were falling into the abyss of water. Yuuri and Phichit held each other tight. Tears and rain fell. Yuuri gave Phichit their final kiss right before the sea could take them both.