Jun (Request)

Requested by: KaiCynical
*****_____*****_____*****_____*****

Ailah's POV

Another day woke me up. It seems peaceful downstairs, for now.

Since I take night baths, I tied my hair to a messy bun and changed into my uniform, preparing for school.

I head downstairs and made breakfast for 2 with two coffees as well. After a few moments of silence the yelling began.

"What do you think you're doing sleeping on my bed?!" Mom's voice echoed in the house.

I couldn't hear my father's response. He probably still was sleepy. I sigh for a bit hearing her scream once again early in the morning.

With that, I took my depart. I walked myself to school, alone as usual. I could see my schoolmates walking with their friends or looking pretty going to school. Then I wonder, would I ever have a life like that? Being with friends, being happy every day. I never felt that kind of life.

"Look, it's her. She looks even scarier with her hair like that." I heard a girl whisper behind me.

"Right. She gives me the creeps. She looks like an evil spirit wandering around." another one responds

I stop on my tracks feeling the weight of depression pulling me down.

"Omo! She's gonna haunt us! Run!" They started running right pass me.

Instead of that happy normal life, I lived the opposite.

My name is Ailah, and I've been a social outcast my whole life. I have one older brother, he ran away a year ago and left me with my parents. I do not know where in this world he is now. My parents are in a complicated relationship, they bicker often, and it gets too physical sometimes that I get affected too.

I don't know how long I can be strong for.

"Ailah, my best friend of all time. You look beautiful with your hair up today." That familiar voice compliments me.

I looked up to see Junhui bending down to my level with his face right in front of mine.

"So I looked monstrous before I tied my hair?" I say blankly

"No. You look cute daily" He giggles lightly. "Let's go!"

He walked ahead of me then stopped immediately when he noticed I didn't follow after him. He frowns at me.

"Jun" I call out to say something

"Bro!" His friends popped out of no where and clung on to his shoulders.

One punched him by the arm "You almost got cursed by that girl. Didn't you know she's bad luck?"

"Yeah man. Stop hanging out with her." another advised him and turn his disgusted face to me. "Just look at her. Gross"

I sigh. And walked towards them

"Woah!" they parted away from me as I passed by them. "Scary"

Just stop being around me Junhui. Although he is the best thing that ever happened in my life, I can't risk having him judged like that.

"She isn't like that!" I heard Jun defend in the back.

I shake my head. Please stop it Jun. There's no use. They will never accept anyone like me. The world does not like my presence.

I head to my class and saw my desk in the corner of the room filled with trash. Trash. That's all I'll ever be.