Joshua (Request)

Requested by clumsym00d
*****_____*****_____*****_____*****

Defni's POV

"Congratulations!" I clapped for him after he tells me the news.

"So you're happy I'm leaving?" He said poking my head.

I just merely frowned. I really was sad about this. Excuse me? Who would want their best friend to leave?

My best friend will be leaving tomorrow after he passed the auditions. I'm happy he had this oppurtunity to be a trainee but I'm sad we'll be separated. We've been friends since first year high school, and though we only spent 4 years together, I've grown close to him.

We were suppose to study in the same university, rent rooms across each others, visit each other every night, and hang out during stressful days. We even scheduled the nights of preparing dinner and washing dishes. But all of that is nothing now. He's leaving. I'll have to fulfill that promise alone...

"Come on. Don't give me that look. I'll try to visit if I can." he says feeling guilty.

"But if you debut then, it'll be harder to hang out with you. And I'd feel bad not being there with you when you're struggling." I explain

And I'm afraid I won't get the chance to tell you that I like you and what if you find someone else? Then what would I be in your life? A girl you used to know?

And if I do tell you and you don't feel the same what are the chances of not being awkward contacting each other. Isn't it a bit risky? I'm in pain because of everything about this Hong Jisoo!

"I'll call you every night. Don't worry. I am the one who should be worried. Who knows maybe you'd be too busy since you'll be in college." he chuckles

"It's not funny Josh. We don't even know when you'd be back." I stomp my foot

"We have Christmas. They'll probably let me off for that season." he laughs again and zipped his bag closed.

Fully packed. I am truly happy for him. I can't hold him back, that'll be selfish of me. But it'll be an adjustment not having him around. And my heart is being crushed right now that it physically hurts.

I stared at the ground conflicting my emotions. I have to be happy, but I'm not entirely.

"Hug?" Josh spread his arms.

I whine and waddled sadly in his open arms for a hug. I'll miss this. My mind says it'll be alright but my heart is in pain.

After a few moments of silence in that hug he spoke "I'll stay if you-"

"No, you can't. You know I won't let you stay either despite my urge to lock you in a cage until your plane leaves." I say on his chest

"Okay, then I'll go. But don't go running to the airport and confessing your love to me when it's too late. I'm going for you and my family." he brushes my hair

I hold on to his clothes balling a piece in my fist. "You know I have feelings for you?"

"I assumed. As a person who likes you, I want to be positive that you'd reciprocate what I feel. This is painful for me too Defni" he sighs, squeezing me tightly but safely.

My heart broke even more. Now that I know he actually, legit likes me back, it's even more painful than before. God please hold me back before I actually do lock him up.

"So what now? I don't think I can handle long distance relationship." I look up at him and he smiles

"Then let's not be in a relationship. It'll just be harder that way. So until I come back, I call dibs on you." He says and let go of me.