Jun

"It's been awhile." You greeted him. Despite not wanting to remember you knew exactly how long it's been. 15 years, 5 months, and 26 days.

Junhui nods with a small smile. "Hey."

Neither of you could be comfortable in this situation. Seeing your first love while with your recent boyfriend isn't exactly something you could prepare for. And to make things even, he's also with his girlfriend.

You turned to your boyfriend. "Uhm Chani, this is Junhui, he's my-" You paused for a second before proceeding. "-friend."

"Nice to meet you." Chani extended his hand for a shake.

Junhui took a quick glance at you before taking Chani's hand. "You too. And this is my girlfriend, Mina." He smiles.

"Yeah, we've met. We went to the same university." Mina beamed. "Such a small world we live in."

"Right. You were the girl who transferred to our class." Chani chuckles.

While they were conversing. You were trying your best to avoid Junhui's gaze that was stuck on you.

Indeed, 15 years has passed, because he no longer looked like the small innocent boy you once fell in love with. Junhui was now more confident, blooming, and undeniably attractive. You couldn't help but think if he sees you differently too.

"Are you going to watch this movie too?" Junhui speaks again pointing at the theater as he sees me holding the ticket.

You managed to look at him. "Yes, we are." You smiled. You weren't anymore teenagers to act like one. You were a grown up adult who needed to face reality as it is. "And sorry to leave so soon but we'll be on our way. I hope we catch up some other time."

"Why don't we do it after the movie?" Junhui says staring you down but with a smile still playing on his lips. What was he up to?

"We can't. Chani's shift in the hospital starts in 3 hours." You rejected immediately.

Mina says something as well. "I have to finish a few paper works too. Maybe you two could catch up. After all it's been how long since you two met."

"15 years." You blurted out with a forced smile. "It's been 15 years."

Chani looks at you. "Really? That long?"

"Yes. So what do you say [Y/N]?" Junhui invites you personally.

You didn't know what happened after that. The 2 hour movie passed by so quickly. So suddenly, you found yourself in a cafe, with Junhui across the small coffee table.

The atmosphere of the place was cozy and warm. But the air between the two of you was cold.

"How have you been?" He starts off the conversation.

You smile and looked down. "I've been doing well. Graduated college and am now a veterinary. And you?"

Junhui smiles too, close to a smirk at how casual you were acting. "The grand opening of our condo happened recently. So I'm doing good as of now."

You pick up your cup of coffee and took a quick sip. Without meeting his gaze you asked. "How's your brother?"

"He still asks if I've contacted you every now and then."

In the end you look into his eyes. Admitting to yourself that you missed seeing yourself in his eyes, you allow yourself to drown in them.

"[Y/N]. Can we talk?" He says.