➵ IV. Returning

Saturday, December 16th, 2017, 10:00am

Rei's POV

"Cool!" Chase says excitedly, looking at me.

"Wow... You can't even tell it's her," Clove says. "Nice job, Zaine."

"I wouldn't say nice," Killian adds, gaping at me. "I'd say awesome. Reina looks like she really could be our sister."

Zaine chuckles. "Of course she does. I'm not the best spy for nothing. Disguise is a key factor is staying undercover."

"And the make up won't come off when Reina showers or if she gets splashed by accident?" Clove asks.

Zaine looks at me, then at Clove, then at Killian, looking a little nervous. I know why he's nervous; he's worried how Killian will react when he hears what happened.

Earlier, Zaine took me to the bathroom to put the make up, and made Clove, Killian and the twins wait in the living room. As he was getting ready to dye my hair, he muttered 'this would be so much easier and quicker if I could use my power on you.' And it was like his power had heard him, and I felt this tingling sensation. When I looked in the mirror, I could see my face changing. My eyes turned chocolaty brown, and my face became a little thinner, like Clove's. My hair became a dark brown, a little lighter than Killian's hair, and my scent changed.

Zaine had looked shocked for a second, then fainted, probably from the energy taken from using his power on me, even if it was unconsciously done. I was too shocked to catch him, and he hit his head on the bath tub. I still feel guilty that I didn't catch him, but he keeps waving off my apologies.

"Uh... It's not makeup," Zaine mumbles.

Killian's eyes narrow, hearing his boyfriend's nervousness. "What do you mean 'it's not makeup.'"

Zaine looks at me for help, so I explain what happened. Hearing how Zaine collapsed, Killian immediately starts looking over him, making sure he's not hurt too badly. Protective Killian, anyone can see how much he loves Zaine, and vice-versa.

Clove sent and email to Asher, asking for temporary shelter, and he said yes. Clove, Killian, Zaine, Chase, Rhea and I will be sharing a house on Moonblood territory, and we'll be staying until January 5th. It's been arranged that Clove, Killian, Zaine and I will attend Oakland High, and Chase and Rhea will be watch by some of the pack caretakers at the pack house, where they can play with the other kids.

We're leaving in a few hours. And yeah, Zaine did convince us to let him go as that blonde girl, under the name Regina George Robertson. I don't know why, or how we agreed to it, but he is. He's gonna wear some of the girl clothes he has for missions when he disguises himself as a girl.

"You know, if we really want to make Asher think you died and Autumn is his second chance mate, we should make him feel pain, like the bond is breaking," Clove says.

"And how do we do that without actually breaking the bond?" I ask. "Rejecting him won't work, he'll know it was me rejecting him, like how I felt him take back it rejection."

"Simple," Clove replies. "Kiss someone, and hopefully we can convince him that you died, not cheated."

I look at her, puzzled for a second before I understand. It'll hurt both me and Asher if I kiss or try anything sexual with someone other than him, and vice-versa.