➵ XVI. The Truth Comes Out

Sunday, December 24th, 2017, 1:00pm

Wolf in Sheep's Clothing - Set It Off ^

Rei's POV

I walk towards the pack house.

Asher's been acting a little distant since our little fight yesterday. He wants to know why I killed his dad. Today's Christmas Eve. I want to dissolve the ice between us before tomorrow. And I feel like Asher, along with Raiden and our parents, should know what happened between Leon and Brianna.

I don't want to ruin Asher's image of his dad, but what he did with my mom affects all of us. He deserves to know the truth, and so does Raiden and our parents.

As I walk, I think of how to tell them. Slowly get to the point, or drop it out of nowhere? Slow would build tension, and I don't know what I would say to keep it slow. It would probably be easier to just blurt it out, but that seems kinda mean.

I walk up the stairs of the pack house and inside, enjoying the warm air, a nice contrast to the cool wind outside. I hang my coat up in the closet and take off my boots, before walking further inside.

"Rei." I turn, hearing Asher's mom Carrie's voice. The previous Luna comes out of the kitchen, smiling. "It's nice to see you again."

"You too," I reply. "Say, do you have some free time now?"

She nods. "Yeah, your dad and I don't have any plans today. Why?"

I hesitate slightly. "I want to talk to you about something. Can you bring Dad to Asher's office? I just have to find Raiden."

"What about me?" Raiden's voice asks from right behind me, so close that I can feel his breath on my neck.

"Holy fuck," I say, spinning around. "Don't do that."

My twin smirks mischievously and I smack his arm. Both Asher and Dad are with him, watching us, Dad with a grin and Asher with a halfhearted smile. I almost sigh, seeing he's still distant. Hopefully he won't be for much longer.

"Anyway, what'd you need me for?" Raiden asks.

"I want to talk to all of you," I reply.

Raiden's eyes narrow, seeing my nervousness. "About what?"

"...You'll see. Come on."

"My office again?" Asher pipes up.

I nod. As we walk down the hall, I shoot a side glance at my mate. He glances at me, then keeps his eyes forward. I sigh softly, and keep walking.

I feel Leon and Brianna starting to push in my mind, wanting me to drop it and walk away, to keep their secret. I growl softly, earning a curious look from Raiden. I try to focus on something else, instead of the growing pain in my head.

As we walk into Asher's office, I find myself quietly humming the theme to that show Pretty Little Liars.

Got a secret, can you keep it? Swear this one you'll save. Better lock it in your pocket, taking this one to the grave. If I show you then I know you won't tell what I said.

'Cause two can keep a secret if one of them is dead.

"Rei," Carrie's voice says.

I blink and see everyone looking at me, already sitting down while I'm standing by the door. Asher at his desk, Dad and Carrie on the couch, and Raiden on one of the chairs across from Asher's desk. I sit down on the other chair, just as Brianna gives a stronger push in my mind.