➵ XXVI. Alpha Meeting

At the end of the chapter is a character list of the important/main characters from the other packs to help you understand their basics. I think I explained it well enough to understand (without going too much into things that happen in their books). If not, just say so and I'll try to make it clearer.

Saturday, January 13th, 2018, 9:45am

Asher's POV

"Ready?" I ask.

Raiden nods. "Yep. Let's go."

"We'll be back later!" I scream as we walk out of the pack house.

"Try not to drive the other Alphas crazy!" I hear Mom shout.

"No promises!" I shout back before closing the door.

Since it's too cold to run this time, Raiden and I climb into my black truck. Redriver is a hour's drive away, so he better be ready to put up with an hour of me singing with the music. I plug my phone into the car to play music off it instead of listening to the radio. As the first song comes on, Raiden groans softly, and I send him a grin.

As I pull out of the driveway, Raiden closes his eyes, his expression slightly pained.

"You miss her, don't you," I say, not taking my eyes off the road.

"What kind of question is that, of course I do," he replies.

"I didn't say it as a question," I retort. "At least Clove's coming back."

"Who knows, maybe Rei will too," Raiden says.

I sigh. "I hope."

We don't talk much. Raiden keeps his eyes closed, looking like he's sleeping. When we're almost there, his eyes snap open.

"I just realized something," he says. "Nick's mate Luke, and Axel's mate Cam as well as Nick's and Axel's brother Eric. They were rogues. For at least ten years."

"So they would've known about the Rogue Kingdom," I murmur, catching on to what he means.

"And they might know where Rei is," Raiden finishes. "She said they lived in some small town north of our pack, but that doesn't really narrow it down completely. There's quite a few small towns north of the pack."

"Then let's ask," I say as we drive across the northern border of Redriver.

Not even a minute later, I see the Beta, Axel, running in wolf form alongside the car. I slow down, and he shifts, coming up to my open window, not bothering to put clothes on. We're used to seeing naked wolves, so it's not too much of a problem.

"Hey guys," Axel says cheerfully. "I'm the welcoming party."

"Nice party," I reply, grinning. "Nice to see you."

"You too," he says. "The meeting's at the pack house, you remember where that is, right?"

I nod. "Yep."

"Good." He looks at the road behind us, "ooo! Draco's here!"

Glancing in the rearview mirror, I see Drake's car behind us.

I chuckle. "You know he hates that nickname."

"And you know I love teasing him," Axel replies, grinning. "You'd best head off, Nicki's waiting."

"Nick hates that nickname too," I say, grinning back at him.

Axel nods. "I know, but it's fun rile him up. He's my twin, and he loves me. He can't do shit to me. Anyway, I'll probably drop by mostly unannounced later."