➵ XIII. King, Choir & Consequences

Friday, December 22, 2017, 4:30pm

When Christmas Comes To Town - The Polar Express ^

Rei's POV

As I walk back to the house, I can help but think about how Asher will react.

He'll probably be mad. Even if he wasn't Kia's biggest fan, they were still siblings. Well, half-siblings, they have different mothers. Just another example of how Leon was a man-whore. Like father, like daughter apparently too.

I walk up the porch steps, and am about to open the door when I hear loud voices inside.

"Go faster!" Zaine's voice says. "Come on, Flash, faster!"

"I'm going as fast as I can!" Killian's voice replies.

"That is not fast! Press the button harder!" Zaine shouts.

I roll my eyes and walk inside. "You two better not be doing it in the living room!"

"I'm offended you'd think we'd do that," Killian says, looking at me standing in the doorway. "We may kiss and cuddle all over the place, but we keep that in the bedroom."

I hear Chase giggle, and see they're playing Mario Kart on the TV. Apparently there's a Wii U connected to it. All four of them, Zaine, Killian, Chase and Rhea, are playing. Zaine in the lead right now, followed by Killian, then the twins. I would've thought they'd let the twins purposely win, but I should know better when I comes to Zaine and Killian.

Clove must be out on her date with Raiden.

"Flash, pay attention!" Zaine says, elbowing Killian in the ribs. "Come on, I want some competition. Winning this is almost too easy."

Killian turns back to the race, so I head into the kitchen to start making supper. I think mac and cheese will be good enough, I'm too tired and lazy to make something fancy tonight.

When dinner's almost done, I hear my phone ringing on the table.

"Who is it?!" Rhea shouts from the living room, as if she were answering the phone.

I pick up my phone and groan, seeing the contact name on the screen. "Just King."

"Ooo, what's he want?" Zaine asks as I answer the call.

I roll my eyes and shout back, "how am I supposed to know when I haven't talked to him yet?"

As I put the phone up to my ear, I hear Thatcher chuckling at my sass.

"Hey King," I say.

"Queenie," he replies. "Long time no see."

"It's only been 2 weeks," I say, walking back into the kitchen and grabbing five bowls from the cupboards.

"That's too long," Thatcher whines. "A King needs his Queen."

"And the Queen needs a break," I reply, "a well-deserved break."

"Where are you, Queenie?" Thatcher asks, his playful mood suddenly disappearing. "Did you go off without telling me?"

"Would you be mad if I did?" I ask.

Thatcher growls, "yes."

I use my shoulder to hold my phone to my ear as I start scooping noodles into the bowls. "Well then in that case, no. I've just been playing extreme hide and seek with the rest of the Royals."

"Where are you, Rei?" Thatcher hisses.

I know he's getting really pissed because he used my name. It's fun to get people riled up, but with Thatcher, you have to know when to stop.