➵ What If Oneshot

So, I've planned on writing this for a long time now, but could never find the time in my busy schedule of school and reading other books. But I finally decided to come back to it with new inspiration and here it is.
I also realized something in the process of writing this; why the fuck didn't Rei just join another pack instead of staying rogue? No idea, plot reasons I guess.

One thing to remember, this takes place before any of my other books. Alphas River and Drake, who are both mentioned, are not the Alphas of their packs yet, and the Alpha of Redriver pack is still Zane.

Anyway, this is what would have happened if Thatcher and Daring had grown up with Rei.

Enjoy.

February 21st, 2016, 8:30am

Rei's POV

Other than the sound of snow crunching under boots, it's quiet.

But of course, quiet never lasts long when Daring's around. He starts loudly singing Happy by Liam Lynch, making Thatcher grumble in annoyance.

"I am really special, 'cause there's only one of me
Look at my smile, I'm so damn happy, the people are jealous of me
These are my lovehandles, and this is my spout
But if you tip me over, than mama said knock you out

I am special, I am happy, I am gonna heave
Welcome to my happy world, now get your shit and leave
I am happy, I am good, I am...

I'm outta here! Screw you!"

"No thanks," Thatcher mumbles.

I chuckle softly as Daring glares at Thatcher and whines, "Aw come on Thatcher, stop being a downer!"

"Then don't sing trash," Thatcher replies.

Daring gasps in over-dramatic offense, tackling Thatcher to the snow. Smiling fondly, I roll my eyes and continue walking, leaving the two of them to their fight.

By now, I'm used to their games and usual displays of brotherly love. At first it was confusing, seeing them constantly arguing and fighting, but after knowing the two of them for about seven years, I know that that's just how they work, how they show they care about each other.

If there's anyone Thatcher would give his life for, it's Daring, and Daring would do the same for Thatcher.

"Anyway," Thatcher says, running up behind me and slowing to a walk, Daring appearing on my other side, his hair dusted with snow, that stupid grin of his on his lips. "When are you thinking of telling Raiden and your dad about your wolf?"

"Tonight," I reply. "They always go on evening runs, and now I can finally join them."

Thatcher smiles, "You'll love it. If you like running in human form, Reina, you'll love running in wolf form."

I nod happily, smiling at the nickname. It was made when Thatcher jokingly said, "yes your Majesty," when I asked him to do something for me. He considered calling me Queenie, but that didn't sound as nice, so he decided on Reina and it stuck.

We reach the high school, and we're walking across the parking lot towards it when a sudden scent of earth and maple practically overwhelms me. My head turns, my eyes finding those of my twin's best friend and the future Alpha, Asher Myers.

Mate! Raven says happily.

Don't get your hopes up just yet, I say cautiously. I don't think this will turn out well.