Chapter 9

A/N:
Hi guys, if you like the story so far, please vote and I would appreciate any feedback of what you think of my book.

Thank you guys.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and my body felt stiff from sleep, my eyes is puffy from all the crying. 'Oh God,' I thought to myself, 'what am I gonna tell my sisters, because I know for a fact that Joy will speak to my other sisters about what happened last night.' I look around the room and saw Angela still sleeping. I got up to use the bathroom and then went to the kitchen to make myself a strong cup of coffee. As I turned with my cup in my hands to go back to my room, I hear someone move behind me. I screamed out and drop my cup to the floor. "Sis, calm down, its only me", I hear Joy saying. "Jesus, what's wrong with you for sneaking up on me like that Joy, you nearly scared the crap out of me. What are you still doing here, I thought you left for work by now."

She looked at me with a worried look. "Its fine Darla, I just wanted to make sure you ok, do you wanna talk to me about last night." " No, I don't wanna talk about it, anyway there's nothing to talk about, as you said last night it was only a nightmare." "What was the nightmare about that you were completely freaked out about it," she ask."Stop asking questions Joy, as I told you, I had a nightmare and I don't wanna talk about it." "Fine Darla, but you know if you ever need to talk to someone, we are here for you." "Thanks, but as I said, nothing is wrong."

I bend down to pick up the pieces of the broken cup on the  floor and threw it in the trashcan and excused myself to get ready for school. We left for school and as I got to my class I just went straight to the back of the class. I ignored everyone and just sat there staring out the window thinking about my life and what to do about it. After about 15 minutes I got up and went to the teacher and ask if I may be excused as I don't feel to good. "Ok Darla, go to the school nurse and ask her if she can give you something, he said. I nod my head and went to collect my bag and as I walked out of class I thought to myself, 'yeah as if a pill will help me.'

I went to the girls bathroom and as I got closer I saw some of the football guys fooling around in the passage. I ignored them and as I walk past them one of the guys grabs my hand. "Hi gorgeous, are you lost," he said. I freeze and look at his hand on mine and pull away quickly and move away from the guy. I turn around and ran into the bathroom while I hear the guy shouting, "I'm not gonna hurt you sweetheart, I was just trying to help." I went into one of the stalls and lock the door. Tears started running down my face, 'I feel so pathetic,' I think to myself. I sat there and my mind feels as if its gonna explode. After a while I came out of the stall and checked outside if the boys are still there and when I saw that the  walls is empty I left the bathroom and went searching for the school nurse to get permission to leave early.

"Just take this slip and get it signed by your teacher, then you may go home, dear," she said. After that I left the school premises and went to sit in the park across from Angela's school. I look around the park and see an old couple walking hand in hand, a young woman with a baby feeding the ducks and a few joggers. They all look so happy and I wish I can just forget about everything, if only dad was never taken away from me, God I miss him so very much. Tears started running down my face, I still see his face before me, so much like my own, same black hair and green eyes. I bend my head and closed my eyes. "Daddy, I miss you so much," I whisper.

"When you feel like you can't go any further, just know that the strength which carried you this far will take you through the rest of the day and you are never alone." I look up and no one was there. I search around the area where I sat but only saw the same old couple from earlier and the woman with the baby. I sat back down in shock. 'Who was it that spoke to me.'