Chapter 24

Father Patterson's pov:

'Dear Lord, haven't these youngster's been through enough already. There's so much pain and heartache. These girls had to fight for themselves throughout their jong life's and Jonathan had to see his own father murder his mom and sister. Please God, make them strong and send your angels to guide them. Darla, sweet broken Darla, send one of your angels to watch over her,' I said in a silent prayer.

I look at Jonathan, "you need to be strong son, for Darla. I hear the girls behind me. "Have the officers left yet" and they nod. "I know you girls have been through enough, but will it be inconvenient to you if I leave Jonathan here. He needs to be close to someone that has a bond to Darla. If I take him with me now, he would go crazy not knowing if there's any news from Darla," I said to them. "It's not a problem Father, as it would of been his last night at the orphanage anyway. He can move into Darla's room until she gets back, then he can move into the apartment above the diner. Angela is sleeping with us and we would love to have Jonathan with us." The other siblings nods their heads as well.

"I don't know if you wanna let your mother know about Darla's situation and what about your brother. Darla have mentioned him ones to me, something that he is in the military." Sara nods at me, "yes Erik is in the military, I've had two letters from him in the time he has gone, but I don't know how to get hold of him, and my mom, she's not doing any better," she explains her moms condition to me.

"If you can give me those letters, I will try and get hold of him through the Chief Commander of the military. I can't make any promises, but will try my best to bring your brother home. I will get those letters from you now and when I return, I will bring Jonathan's things with me as well and if there's any news from Darla, keep me updated and I would do the same. All we can do now is be strong for Darla and don't stop praying. Remember that God is always there and even if you go through darkness, He will never leave your side."

Jonathan's pov:

After Father Patterson leaves, Sara comes to me. " I will show you to the room, there's a adjoining bathroom, so you can freshen up, while I make us something to eat." I nod my head and follow Sara to the room. I walk around the room and stop infront of a dressing table with a small frame. I pick it up and see the small photo of Darla. I look at her face and I feel the tears roll down my face. "Where are you, Darla, I need you, please, where are you," I say in a broken voice. I feel arms around me and see Sara standing with tears in her eyes. "We gonna find her Jonathan, remember Darla is a fighter. We won't give up on her and she needs us to be strong."

After Sara leaves the room, I walk around the room still with Darla's photo in my hands. I can still smell her scent in the room. I went to one of the closets and open it. I see some of Darla's things inside, so I touch some of the items just to feel close to her.

I walk to the bathroom to freshen up, then I walk back into the bedroom and sit down on Darla's bed. I look at her photo again and close my eyes in prayer. "Lord, I know I haven't always talked to you. You have send Darla to me when I needed someone the most, now I'm asking you God, don't take her away from me, please God, I'm begging you, bring Darla back to me, I need her in my life." The tears were running down my face as I'm praying. I've never felt so lost, not even when I lost my family. Darla and her sisters took me as their family. Although I've turned 18 already, Sara spoke to Father Patterson to get permission for me to stay on at the orphanage till she could sort out the apartment above her diner.