Chapter 40

Darla's pov:

Father Patterson takes me to our house first to freshen up before we meet up with my siblings. They don't know I'm back yet, so this will be a surprise. Its Saturday so I know they all at the diner.

We leave the house and all to soon we reach our destination. We both get out of the car and I'm getting nervous again. He pats me on my shoulder and tells me that everything will be ok. We walk to the entrance and I stand there, looking at my siblings. No one has noticed me yet. Sara is busy behind the counter with her head in books and Angela was busy cleaning tables. I don't see my other siblings. There wasn't much customers, just an old couple and two young woman. I look down, take a deep breath and compose myself, then look up and there infront of me stands Jonathan. I nearly collapse.

The shock in his eyes was priceless, he looks like someone who just saw a ghost. The crate in his arms drops to the floor and I hear Sara shouting something, but my eyes stayed glued to him. In the next instance he was right infront of me. He looks at me with big eyes, as if in a trance. He lifts his hand and touch my face lightly.

"Darla...is it really you." I nod my head and look into his eyes. I see tears form in his eyes and ran down his face. "You came back," he whispers, then pulls me into his arms and our lips touch. I feel shocks going through my body.

Jonathan's pov:

I couldn't believe my eyes when she was standing there. I started believing that she will never come home. I couldn't take my eyes off her, I moved closer to make sure my eyes isn't playing tricks on me, then reached out to touch her face, my heart is beating so fast and I just had to have her in my arms. When our lips touched, oh what a feeling that was. We were interrupted when someone clears there throat, so reluctantly I let go of her lips, but keep my arms around her.

She turns towards the person while in my arms and I see Sara standing there with a big smile. "You owe me a new box of glasses," Sara says and I hear Darla's soft giggle in my arms, so I pulled her even closer to me. God, I've missed her so much. I listen to the conversation and the rest of the siblings came in. I reluctantly let go of Darla, but kept my eyes on her the entire time. I also listen to her telling her siblings about their moms passing.

After a while Darla came to me and looks me in the eyes, then turns back to her siblings. "Will you guys mind if we talk later at home and Sara, would you mind if I take Jonathan away for a while as we have things to talk about." Sara looks between me and Jonathan and nods her head, " yes, yes, of course, Jonathan won't concentrate much anyway and I can't afford to get more of my stuff broken." I hear Darla's beautiful laugh, then she turns to me. "Could we go somewhere a bit more private to talk," so I nod, takes her hand and lead her out. At the door she turns to Father Patterson, stands in front of him and gives him a light hug, before following me out.

We went to the apartment above the diner. I see Darla looking around, why is she so nervous. I walk to her and takes her hand, then leads her to one of the couches. I can feel her shaking and look into her eyes. "Darla, what's the matter baby, you can talk to me."

She looks me in the eyes and I see tears running down her face. I reach out and wipe her tears. "Don't cry baby, please don't cry, you breaking my heart when I see you so sad," but that makes her cry even more. I pull her towards me and hold her in my arms. "Jonathan...."  She says in between sobs. She moves backwards and put her arms out. She cries out; "Jonathan, we need to talk, there's some things you need to know about me."  I look her in the eyes, "Darla what's wrong," I say getting scared for some reason.

She looks at me brokenly. "I'm gonna tell you some things and I need you to listen to me." I nod my head at her to continue. She starts telling me her life story about her mom, she tells me about the rape when she was only fourteen, then again when she was kidnapped and what Jay did to her. I can feel my anger building up just imagining what she went through.  Tears forms in my eyes and I cry for this beautiful girl.

She finishes her story with tears running down her face. "So you see Jonathan..." 'then lets out a sob' "I'm not good enough for you, I'm broken," then turns her back on me. For a second I sit there shocked, how can she think that.

I get up quickly and went on my knees infront of her. I turn her face to look at me. My heart is breaking. "How can you ever think that Darla, don't you know that I love you, you are my world, my other half and I can't see my life without you. Its not your fault for what happened baby and you will always be perfect to me. Please Darla, I'm begging you, don't leave me." Tears were running down my face as thoughts of her walking away from me goes through my mind. I wrap my arms around her legs and put my head in her lap.

I feel her fingers go through my hair and I look up at her. "You love me," she whispers. "With my heart and soul."

A/N:
Hi guys its the end of the book, the Epilogue will be next. Please don't forget to vote, comment and share.