ᴅɪɴɴᴇʀ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʟᴠᴇs

"ʟᴇᴛ's ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛᴏᴀsᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ɢɪʀʟ ᴀʟᴍɪɢʜᴛʏ ʟᴇᴛ's ᴘʀᴀʏ ᴡᴇ sᴛᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜɴɢ sᴛᴀʏ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ᴏғ ʟɪɢʜᴛɴɪɴɢ"

~ᴏɴᴇ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ 'ɢɪʀʟ ᴀʟᴍɪɢʜᴛʏ'

Like everyday after school I was working my shift at the coffee shop.

"Well look who it is!" A voice said and when I turned I saw the face of my brothers high school best friend.

"Oh my god Josh." I said throwing my rag onto the counter and rushing over to hug him.

"So how have you been?" He asked getting a little serious, I haven't seen him since the Luke's funeral.

"Umm. Would you like a drink?" I asked changing the subject.

"Anything for a cup of your hot chocolate." He said and I smile as I led him over to the bar.

"So how's saving the world going?" I asked as I began to make his drink, he just chuckled.

"It's going.." He trailed off.

"One famous hot chocolate." I said placing the steaming glass in front of him.

Unknown to her, Sam had come in right behind Josh and had taken a seat in a booth to watch their interaction.

"So how have you been since..everything?" He asked again not giving me a chance to avoid it.

"It's been quite. Moms never home, but I've been trying to keep busy. With school and work and memorizing the Icelandic alphabet, I've been doing pretty good." I said and he smiled slightly.

"That's good, I worry about you." He said and I slightly blushed.

"There's a lot of other things you should worry about over." I said and he pursed his lips.

"Like what?" He asked with his pursed out lips.

"Well how about all those kids you build schools for." I said and he looked down with a slight blush. Josh volunteered to go to different countries and build schools for the kids who didn't have one.

"Let's not talk about that, I wanna hear about you to be honest ever since I saw you at the funeral I can't stop thinking about you." He said and it was now me who was blushing.

"I never thanked you for finding me after the funeral, you really helped me." I said and he smiled.

"Seeing you helped too, I guess we both just needed a little comfort after losing Luke but atleast he was doing what he loved." Josh said and I nodded.

"Grab a pen kid, our waitress called out." My boss said walking from his office to the back room.

"Listen I'm in town for a little while, why don't we grab dinner before I head back?" Josh asked and I smiled.

"Sounds great." I said and he smiled bright as he threw a five on the counter as he sat up.

"I'll call." He said putting on his jacket.

"I'll answer." I said with a smile as I walked over to a booth.

"My names Lydia I'll be your server, what can I start you off with?" I asked looking down at my notepad.

"Who was that?" I heard Sam say in his deep voice that surprised me slightly.

"Just a friend." I said way to quickly.

"Really?" He asked but my flushed cheeks told it all.

"Who's Luke?" Sam asked and I sighed as I put my stuff down and sat across from him in the booth.

"He was my brother, he died at war. That was his best friend, we all grew up together because there was only a three year difference." I explained and Sam gave a sad nod.

"I'm sorry Lydia." He said and I nodded.

"It's okay, I guess this helped a little bit I haven't really talked to anyone about this but Josh." I said and Sam smiled.

"Can I ask you something?" Sam asked and I nodded.

"When I asked about you family you only mentioned your mom, now I know about your brother..but what happened to your dad?" Sam asked.

"The summer before my brother passed, my mother was out of town on business and my dad and I were driving home it was raining pretty bad and he crashed. He didn't make it." I said and Sam had another sympathetic look.

"Oh none of that sympathy crap or I'll stick Emily on your ass." I said and he chuckled.

"So you want a hot chocolate?" I asked.

"Not today but would you like to come to the Rez when your shift ends? Paul shifted a few weeks ago and Jared just last week. I was hoping you'd like to meet them." Sam said and I smiled.

"That sounds great Sammy, Emily and I can make dinner. It'll be fun." I said and his smile didn't faulter.

"You can get tickets to 2 Fast 2 Furious?" Jared asked excitedly.

"Yeah my brother used to work there so they still give me free tickets." I said and Paul's eyes widened.

"Do you guys wanna go tomorrow night?" I asked and they both looked to each other eyes even wider than before.

"Uh yeah yeah definitely thanks Lydia." Paul said and I smiled.

"So I'll pick you up tomorrow from school?" Paul asked and I nodded excitedly.

"Yeah the movie doesn't start till seven so Jared can meet us at the diner and we can just goof off until then?" I asked looking to Jared who nodded.

"Awesome." I said looking at the two exited boys not seeing Sam's uneasy look from the kitchen.

"Are you sure it was a good idea to introduce them? What if-" Sam asked Emily. The couple stood in the kitchen watching the three younger kids interaction.

"Sam, it's going great. I think your just worried about them stealing your best friend." Emily said and he rolled his eyes and grumbled as he pulled her closer, he knew she was right.