ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ

"ᴀɴᴅ ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ ʙᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴀɴ ᴛʜᴇɴ ɪ'ʟʟ ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜ, ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʟɪғᴇ, ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀs, ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ᴏғ ᴏᴜʀs"
~ ᴢᴀʏɴ 'ʟᴇᴛ ᴍᴇ'

"Did Sam talk to you yet?" I asked Edward who sat at a desk looking lost.

"Yes. He knows somethings up with you but he doesn't suspect anything with us." He said and I nodded.

"But Jacob does want to see you. Sam didn't tell him we were back but he didn't want to push you so if you're ready." Ed said and I nodded.

"Would you take me?" I asked and he looked hesitant.

"It's okay. I can just ask Emmett. You should probably stay with Bella anyway, maybe even go in the same room as her." I said walking out of his room. He was avoiding her like the plague and with her pregnancy moving quicker than normal, he should really spend as much time with her as possible.

"Emmett, do you mind walking me to the border?" I asked seeing both Emmett and Rose sitting in the kitchen.

"Of course, munchkin." He said with a wink as he got up.

"We'll both go," Rose said oddly getting up too. So the three of us set off into the woods walking in comfortable silence. I knew Rose had something she wanted to say but was too nervous.

"I'm just gonna come right out and say it," Emmett said and Rose went to stop him.

"No, Rose. I got this one." Emmett said for once trying to be the heavy lifting parent.

"Alice had a vision and she's done her best to keep it from Edward but she can't hold off for long. Lydia, what are you planning?" Emmett asked flat out and I reacted calmly not even pausing my steps.

"When Bella dies Edward will give himself over to the Volturi and when he does I'm going with him," I said, and Rose just stared a drift as we continued to walk.

"It's Luke's turn to be free, he's given up enough for me. I will keep Edward safe in Italy, keep him from killing himself and everyone else gets to carry on." I said and Emmett finally stopped in his steps.

"We don't want to live without you, Lydia. You have been like a daughter to us. We love you." He said and I frowned.

"I love you guys too and if faced with the same choice you both know you'd make it. When the time comes I have to go but I'll never forget you guys." I said and Rosalie just refused to make eye contact.

"Mom," I said in such a small voice, forcing her to look up.

"I'm so proud of you. You've turned out so amazing, and so selfless. I couldn't have asked for any better." She said and I could help but hug her.

"I know Edward doesn't see it yet but you really are a great friend to him." She said and I smiled as we carried on.

"But what about Jacob?" Emmett asked, Rose completely forgetting about the mutt she was mated too.

"There's a reversal to an imprint. Carlisle said he could do it but I'm sure someone in the Volturi can. He'll be free once I'm gone." I said and Rose frowned.

"But you love him."

"I do but I refuse to break his heart. If everything goes to plan he'll already be crushed about Bella. He doesn't need to feel for me as well." I said and even Emmett let out a huff.

"I think you're underestimating the love that boy has for you," Emmett said surprisingly.

"What makes you say that?" I asked and he rolled his eyes. Just as we approached the treaty line, there was Jacob waiting. Luckily in his human form unable to hear our previous conversation.

"Call if you need anything," Emmett said giving Jacob a death glare, as a normal protective father would.

"Thank you," I said and he nodded before they both sped their way home.

"Sam told me you were okay with seeing me. I would've called myself-" He wants to say but I stopped him.

"Thank you for respecting my space. You can call me anytime Jacob." I said and he smiled and nodded. We began walking towards the Rez and talking.

"Sam says you've been kinda off. Do you wanna talk about it? I heard about Leah and Josh and I know Edward's out of town." He said and it was hard not to smile at his genuinity.

"Everyone's finally we're they are supposed to be. Paul found your sister and then Leah and Josh. Bella and Edward are married. I guess I've just been looking for my purpose." I said which is true. I now believe my purpose is to save Luke.

"What about Washington State?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I deferred when I shifted and now I just can't see myself leaving here," I said and he glanced over.

"Leaving here or leaving Edward and Sam?" He asked and I laughed lightly.

"Sam's strong and I know he'll be okay without me but Edward would probably fall apart." I said and Jacob chuckled.

"That's what he has his wife for." He said and I looked away. He won't have her for much longer. I hated thinking about losing Bella but she made her choice.

"Everyone needs a best friend," I said and Jacob smiled thinking about Bella. He was happy that he could only see her in that light now, just a friend.

"Maybe after all this, that's all we were meant for."

"Are you talking about us?" He asked and I nodded.

"We can never just be friends. I'm going to fix us, Lydia, even if it takes me the rest of my life." Jacob said and I sighed.

"But Jake-" I went to say but was cut off by him slowly attaching his lips to mine, it was small, quick, yet felt perfect.

"The rest of my life, whatever it takes."