sᴛᴜᴘɪᴅ ᴄᴏᴜsɪɴs

"ʏᴇᴀʜ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴅʀᴇssᴇᴅ ɪɴ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇᴀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛᴏᴇ ᴡᴇ'ᴠᴇ ɢᴏᴛ ɢᴜɴs ʜɪᴅᴅᴇɴ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀ ᴏᴜʀ ᴘᴇᴛᴛɪᴄᴏᴀᴛs ɴᴏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ' ǫᴜɪᴛ ɪᴛ ɴᴏ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ɢᴏɴɴᴀ' ǫᴜɪᴛ ɪᴛ ɴᴏ" 

~𝟷𝟿𝟽𝟻 'ᴄʜᴏᴄᴏʟᴀᴛᴇ'

"Seth, honey be careful." I said as he was standing on a ladder to hang up our new menu.

"I couldn't fall if I tried." He said cockily has he jumped down from the ladder.

"Alright, no more manly jobs. Go grab an apron, I'm teaching you to make drinks." I said and he playfully groaned as he grabbed the ladder to put away.

As the bell above the door jingled I looked up to see Sam and Jacob walk in looking dirty and sweaty from a long days work at the garage. Jacob only being seventeen, dropped out of school when he shifted so he got a full time job right away.

"There's my boys." I said with a big smile as they quickly threw themselves into a stool. They looked exhausted.

"How was your day?" Jacob asked and I just smiled as Seth walked over.

"Well I picked my little helper up from school and we've had a pretty good day right?" I asked turning to Seth who walked back over wearing an apron.

"Totally. All my friends think it's so cool I have 'the' Lydia Martin picking me up in a BMW." He said and I rolled my eyes as I threw a rag at him.

"Well 'the' Lydia Martin, is sending your but to make drinks. Show Jake and Sam what you've been working on." I said and he smiled and rushed over to make it.

"I actually have to run, I promised Ness I'd see her tonight." He said and I smiled as I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I'm gonna close tonight so, I'll see you tonight." I said and he nodded and said goodbye to Sam before leaving.

"This is nice." Sam said and I just chuckled.

"It really is. I love how peaceful everything's been." I said and he nodded.

"Paul went over to the house to finish up the stacking." He said and I smiled.

"That's why he was always my favorite." I said with a laugh as he rolled his eyes.

"Okay, I think I did this right." Seth said setting two cups in front of Sam and I.

"I'll be the judge of that, kid." He said lightly sipping it and I did as well.

"Awe, Seth good try." I said and he frowned.

"What! What did I do wrong?" He asked pretty surprised.

"Well I can't tell you in-front of Sammy, or he'll know the secret of my famous hot chocolate." I said and he gasped.

"The cinnamon!" He let slip his lips as Sam just chuckled knowing what an air head that kid could be.

"You do know what a secret is right?" I asked and he still just looked clueless while Sam laughed.

She had picked up Seth about an hour ago and I stayed behind late to do some extra things. I hadn't realized how late it was until Jake came running in.

"Lyds, we have a problem." He said as he was quick to lock the door behind him not wanting anything to disturb the conversation.

"What happened?"

"We were out with Ness and the Cullen's cousin saw us. She took one look at Ness and thought she was a child turned vampire and then we rushed back to the house and Alice had a prediction of her going and telling the Volturi about her." Jacob said and my eyes couldn't widened more than they already were.

"No." I breathed out in a panic. "I have to go talk to Carlisle. He was with them, he'd know what they'd be planning." I said with a panic as I fumbled through the money as I tried to close the register.

"They're waiting for you. I'll meet you at home." He said and I took a deep breath as he lightly kissed my forehead.

"Drive safe, I'll lock up for you." He said and I nodded as I grabbed my keys and rushed out the door.

"Here we go." Edward said rolling his eyes as soon as I walked into the Cullen house.

"How many times have I said it!" I said not even caring how loud I was being.

"Watch your aunt throw her B.F." Edward said to Ness who looked up at him confused.

"What's a B.F?" She asked but went unanswered.

"I told you I got a bad feeling from your creepy ass cousins!" I said and Rose frowned as she walked towards me. I felt defeated, like life would never be simple for long.

"If I ever see that blonde-" I went to say but Edward also walked over.

"Let's not teach my daughter every cuss word in your dictionary in one day." He said and I sighed.

"Carlisle, Alice." I said and they followed me upstairs to Carlisle's office.

"What does this mean for us?" I asked and Alice sighed.

"They believe we have turned a child into a vampire, they are vicious beings and the Volturi have eliminated all of them. When they come for Renessmae, we could try and reason with them and show them she is different." Carlisle said and I shook my head.

"If they are coming for a fight, then they aren't going to reason with anyone." I said and he sighed.

"The last thing we want is a war in Forks." He said and Alice finally chirped in.

"We might not get a choice."

"We could call my mother and Josh, they've both spent years talking to vampires about going against the Volturi. Maybe they could be on our side and witness that Ness isn't what they think she is." I said and Carlisle thought for a moment before answering.

"That could work. We all have made many friends over the years, if we got them here and they met her...we could have a fighting chance against them." He said and I sighed.

"I'll send the message out to mother dearest."