sᴄʀᴇᴀᴍ

"ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʟɪᴠᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇɴ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ɢʜᴏsᴛs 'ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ғᴏʀ ᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇɴ ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅᴇᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍᴏsᴛ" 

~ᴊᴀᴍᴇs ᴀʀᴛʜᴜʀ 'sᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏɴᴛ ʟᴇᴛ ɢᴏ' 

It was a gloomy day when I walked down the porch of my house. Expecting to see Rose's convertible I was surprised to see Ed leaning against his Volvo.

"Look who decided to ditch the crazy cousins and come home." I said and he just smirked.

"How was your date with the dogs?" He asked and I rolled my eyes.

"Very original." I said giving a sarcastic laugh as we got inside his car and he started driving to school.

As soon as we got into the parking lot I caught Bella getting out of her red truck, I quickly got out of the car and jogged over to her.

"Hey ready for class?" I asked her and she nodded lightly.

"If your still pissed about Edward being an asshole he's back in school today." I said with a smirk as I walked away causing her to follow like a lost puppy.

"He's back? Really?" Bella asked chasing after  me and I just chuckled.

"Yeah so if your one for confrontation then go for it." I said and she raised a brow.

"Go for it? Like you wouldn't be mad?" She asked and I shrugged.

"Edward makes his own decisions some I agree with others I don't, this was one I don't." I said confusing her.

"What does that mean?" She asked and I shrugged.

"We have to get to class." I said and she sighed as we walked into the room.

After the bell rang for the last class of the day I walked to my locker to put my books away for the day.

Seeing Mike rushing through people and towards me I quickly closed my locker and joined Bella as she walked out of the school.

"Save me from another failed attempt of Mike asking me out." I said and she chuckled.

"I'm guessing he's not your type either." She said and I laughed with a nod.

"God no." I said as we got outside.

"So do you wanna like hangout or something?" Bella asked as we approached her truck.

"Yeah sounds-" I went to say but I was cut off by Tyler van headed straight for us.

Screaming at the top of my lungs was useless because right before the van crushed us a hand was held out in front of us keeping the van from impacting us.

"Ed." I breathed out as I clutched onto him, bella on the other side.

"You're okay." He said to me lightly before jogging away towards his car as someone called the cops.

Being the one who 'screamed like a psycho' as Jessica our it I had to go to the hospital as well as Bella.

"I don't think this is what you meant when you said hangout." I said as Bella and I sat on an exam table waiting for the doctor to come in.

Carlisle walked in and nodded at Bella before walking close to me.

"Before I could speak with the nurse about your situation she already called your emergency contacts." Carlisle whispered and my eyes widened.

"Is she?" I asked and he shook his head. Before he could say anything else Bella's father barged into the room with someone following behind.

"Charlie, Josh." Carlisle said respectfully with a smile.

"What are you doing here Josh?" I asked pulling him to the side as Charlie and Bella talked.

"Your mom called mine, and well that's not important you were almost hit by a car Lyd." He said and I sighed.

"But I wasn't." I said, hearing Bella try and argue the same thing.

"It's still trauma and with your dad-" He went to say but as he was my face grow pale Carlisle interrupted.

"Bella just finished up and headed to sign out, I just have to run some tests." Carlisle said and I nodded as Josh stepped aside.

Shining a flashlight in my eyes he asked if I was experiencing any headaches and after saying 'I'm fine' about fifteen times he told Josh he could sign me out.

Leaving us alone Josh went to do so.

Carlisle and I walked out into the hall to find Rose hushly yelling at Edward.

When we walked out Rose stopped and looked to me.

"Stop using her as an excuse, you did it for the human!" Rose snapped at him in a hush tone.

"Rosalie." Carlisle warned he only wanted peace between his children.

"I did what I did. You should be thanking me for saving Lydia, she's the only one who can stand you when your throwing a fit." Edward snapped but we all stopped to turn when we saw Bella peaking past a corner.

"Can I talk to you?" She asked Ed and he sighed before walking over to her.

"I'm not mad he saved you, I'm mad that he would risk-" Rose said and I nodded putting a hand on her arm.

"I know Rose besides you couldn't lose me I'm the only one who choses your side." I said and she chuckled.

"Emmett choses my side." She defended and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh he doesn't count." I said and she smiled lightly thinking about her mate.

"Lydia are you ready?" Josh asked holding paperwork he got from the nurse at the front desk.

"Uh, yeah just a sec." I said and he nodded.

"I have work." I said to Rose and she nodded.

"Then I'll see you tomorrow." She said with a smile and I nodded before walking towards where Josh was at the exit.

"Hey how are you feeling?" Josh asked and I smiled as he opened the hospital door for me.

"I'm fine. Thank you for coming it means a lot." I said and he blushed.

"S-so so you work tonight?" Josh asked a little nervously causing me to chuckle.

"Yeah." I said and he nodded as he began driving me towards the coffee shop.