ᴏʜ sᴏ ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ

"ᴀɴᴅ ɪ sʜᴏᴜʟᴅ ᴄᴜᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴇsʟᴇᴛ ɪᴛ ʙᴜʀɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴀᴡᴀʏ ғʀᴏᴍ ʏᴏᴜ
ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ's ʙᴇᴀᴜᴛʏ ɪɴ sᴜғғᴇʀɪɴɢ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴠᴇ sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏsᴇ"

~ᴍᴀʀɪɴᴀ ᴋᴀʏᴇ 'ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟ'

"You should really lock your front door." Sam said walking into the red heads bedroom, he could almost smell the anxiety leaking off of her.

"A locked door isn't going to keep a evil vampire army out." I said not even turning to the man as I packed my bag, I figured I'd need another bag incase it got bad and we needed to go somewhere, preferably not Canada.

"You're freaking out about the fight aren't you?" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not freaking out." I said with a scoff as I shakily packed my bag.

"Yes you are, you need to calm down before you have a panic attack." Sam said grabbing my shoulders, stopping me from what I was doing.

"Before! I've been panicking since Jacob volunteered your lives." I said and he frowned loosening his grip.

"You shouldn't resent him for that, Lydia. If he didn't, I would've and you know that." He said and I turned away to continue what I was doing, breaking eye contact.

"I don't resent him. I'm just-I." I said taking a seat on my bed, stopping myself from continuing.

"It's okay to be scared, Lydia." He said sitting beside me.

"Everyone in my life that I care about is putting themselves in harms way and there's nothing I can do, at first it was just the Cullen's but now if it goes bad I'll be left completely and utterly alone." I said exposing my one true fear in the world to him. I wasn't afraid of death, or the Volturi or even the imprint. I am afraid of being alone.

"You will never be alone for as long as you live. You think I don't know about that promise Paul and Jared made you, they're ready to give up their duty to stay with you, and that ring..." Sam trailed off taking my hand and looking at the ring.

"I don't need to see the future to know that one day this ring will mean much more than a graduation gift." Sam said and little did he know it already did.

"I never want you to feel alone, so for reassurance you get one pick of the wolves besides myself to stay with you up in the mountains with Bella and Edward, for protection and so you can communicate with me so you will know nobody is hurt." He said and I smiled slightly.

I could pick Paul, he may be a hot head but I knew he'd stay with me if I asked, same for Jared but it was my turn to have faith in them, just like they did for me.

Then there's Jacob, recently feeling really connected to him he'd be my hearts first choice.

"I want Seth, he's the youngest an less experienced and he's still just a boy." I said and Sam nodded. He realized she was thinking with her mind and not her heart but he just had to ask.

"Why Seth, why not Jacob? He asked and she finally looked up to him. It was hard for him to understand because he knew if the roles were reversed he'd choice Emily and Jacob would choose her.

"I can't ask him to do that, not for me. If you guys are fighting, you'll need Jacob..he's a fighter." I said with a saddened smile as Sam and I sat on my bed with our gaze on the floor infant of us.

It took Sam a while to understand Lydia completely but he finally did.

Why Seth? Even if she couldn't choose Jake what about Paul and Jared..then it hit him.

Seth reminds her a lot of herself, he's smart, quirky, and he lost his dad. Lydia lost her dad around the same age.

She volunteered to get him from school, and be the one to have to break the news.

Paul had said, "She had this of doing it, she made sure he knew how loved he was and how important. It was almost like she had been there before".

Seth represented her younger self, she had no one to protect her, and there was no way in hell she was going to let that adorable young boy feel the way she once did, oh so lonely.

Alice and I were at the Swan house convincing Charlie to let Bella have a 'sleepover' at the Cullen house.

Alice was walking towards the door while I stood back with Charlie who walked behind her.

"Okay, Alice. Don't be a stranger." He said as she opened the door and waved before walking out just as Bella walked in.

"The sister I like." Charlie said with a chuckle as we all walked into the kitchen.

"I'm still your favorite though right?" I asked with a cheeky smile causing him to laugh.t

"Sure champ. So uh Billy mentioned you were seeing his son." He said and I smiled.

"Right now we're just friends, good ones." I said and he generally looked happy.

"That's nice, Jake's a good kid." He said.

"Hey dad I was just wondering why didn't you get remarried after mom?" Bella asked changing the topic drastically.

"I don't know I guess I still haven't found the right gal. Why?" Charlie said with a shrug.

"I don't know. I thought you just..maybe gave up on marriage, do you think there's any value in it?" Bella asked sounding quite poetic.

"Yeah, yeah marriage has value when your older, much, much older...uh Lydia help me out here." Charlie said bringing both pair of eyes to me.

"Uh marriage is cool, I mean personally I don't think its something in my future but hey everybody's different." I said with a shrug.

"Not even with Jake, Edward told me he gave you his mothers wedding ring." Bella said and my eyes widened as Charlie grew nervous.

"Listen you definitely don't wanna have to get married, because you weren't being careful." Charlie said and my eyes widened.

"What?" Bella asked confused.

"Oh my god, no." I said to Charlie with wide eyes.

"Look you two know what I'm talking about there's things, that you need to think about, if your gonna be physically intimate." He said and I just repeditally shook my head no.

"We don't need to have the talk." Bella said.

"It's just as embarrassing for me as it is for you." Charlie attempted but I stopped him.

"I probably shouldn't be here for this." I said going to walk away but Bella's scary eyes stopped me.

"Stay put." She said and I stopped in my tracks.

"Don't bother cause mom beat you, ten years too early." Bella said and I laughed.

"Had the same experience, can't say it wasn't scaring for both me and my dad." I said and Charlie sighed slightly.

"You didn't have boyfriends ten years ago." Charlie said making a point.

"I'm sure things still work the same way." Bella said and I chuckled.

"Birds and Bee's never change, trust me." I said and both. Swans visibly cringed.

"Alright so you guys are...taking precautions and-" Charlie went to say but Bella cut him off.

"Dad, Edward is old school." Bella said and Charlie squinted in confusion.

"Old school, great. What does that mean?" He asked looking to me and I shrugged.

"No idea-wait." I said realization coming over me.

"Oh my god dad! I'm a virgin!" Bella shouted and I laughed a little to loudly.

"Okay, good. Glad we covered that." Charlie said looking mortified.

"Me too." Bella said nodding.

"Virgin... Liking Edward a little bit more now." Charlie said and again I laughed very loud.