10

I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes. I groan and roll over to grab my phone. I went on my back typed in my password. Suddenly, Messages from people I don't even talk to started flowing in.

Cindy
Can't believe you did that to Liam!

Riley
Your such a slut!

Brian
Wow, trying to rape someone is illegal you know! Fucking slut!

Valery
You are such a bitch. Stay away from me slut!

________________________________

They just kept flowing in. Comments on my Instagram were the same thing. 'Slut' 'bitch'! I didn't know what was going on? I read the messages and comments and I started tearing up! I was so confused as to why people suddenly started doing this? *RING RING*
I pick up my phone and wipe my nose and tears. I answer the incoming call, not knowing who it was.

"Hello?" I say trying to sound natural. "So you saw the hate?" The voice I specifically remember that always gives me chills. "Liam?" I whisper. "Mhm, your probably wondering why all these people are sending you hate?" He asks. "Why? What did I do?" My voice cracks trying to keep in the tears. "You tried raping me! Remember." His evil laugh filled my ears. "N-no I didn't! You did! You tried to r-rape me!" I explained. I stand up from my bed and start to pace around my room nervously. "Well, that's not what people are saying." I could feel his smirk through the phone. "Why are you doing this? What do you want?" I ask demanding an answer. Tears dropped onto the floor as I paced around. "I guess I'm doing this for fun? Seeing you in pain makes me laugh. Also because you didn't give me what I wanted!!" His voice got deeper till the end. I hung up straight away. My breathing got heavy and I couldn't breath! I grab my throat and try to take little breaths. But it was no use. I remember one of my old therapists told me the best way to calm yourself down, was to close your eyes and think of something that makes you happy.

I do so and the first thing I thought about was Daniel! Suddenly my breathing slowed down. I could breathe again. I opened my eyes and found myself smiling in the mirror. It worked. Damn. Didn't think a therapists advice would work. I went over to my bed and put my phone back onto the table. I walked into my closet to get ready for the day.

(Instead of heels, it's whit high top shoes)

I head downstairs and remember that it's Monday. So Brad had school. That means I have the house to myself. But I didn't want to be cooped up all alone here so I decided to go out to shop, plus I wanted to forget about what happened earlier! I grab my keys off the hook and walk out the door, making sure to lock it. I go to Bradley's used once car. I get in and start it. I drive off to the mall which was just a 10 minute drive. It was nice and peaceful. I listened to my chilled music! The sun was shining. It was a nice day.

I go into Starbucks first because I was a little thirsty! As I go in the bell rings and an employee looks up from the screen. He smiles brightly. "Hello what can I get for you today ma'am?" He had a country accent, which was quite cute! "Hi, can I please get a coffee Frappuccino?" I asked politely. "Of course! That'll be $4.50!" He said smiling widely. I got my card out and paid. I got out of the line and waited for the drink. I looked around and saw a couple of people either sitting in booths or open chairs, drink coffee. It was always nice and quiet in here. I looked behind me and found my eyes dart at a familiar face. "Jonah?" I say under my breath. A little too loud just so he could here. He looked up from reading his book. A smile appeared on his face once he as me.

"Scarlett!" He stands up and come to give me a hug. "Ahh, what are you doing here?" I ask. I didn't want to run into anyone from school or someone I knew. "Oh, I had an appointment today so I have the day off school. Anyway, what are you doing here?" He replied. "Oh umm, I just came to shop a little. Get out of the house." I said. He nodded. "Cool. Well I was going to look around, wanna come? I'd like some company." He offered. I was debating in my head if I should go with him or not. "Umm, sure." I replied not really sure of my answer. "Coffee Frappuccino?" The man at the counter called out. I turned around and got my coffee. I turned back to Jonah ho had put his book away in his backpack.

I followed him around the mall. He kept talking and I just listened and either answered with a yes/no or ok/yeah. I wasn't in the mood to make conversation. "So how ya been?" Jonah asked whip he looked through racks of clothes. "Okay I guess. What about you?" I replied. "It's good." Silence came between us and it grew awkward.
"You know what, school is nearly over so I should be getting going." I say awkwardly. I turn around but Jonah grabs my hand, making me turn to him. "Wait. I need to talk to you!" He says seriously. "Look, Jonah I really should-" He interrupts. "No. I need you to listen. I saw the things people are saying about you on the internet. I know what people are talking about. That you apparently tried raping Liam. I know it's not true obviously! But what I don't get is why you lied to the police? This all could've been dealt with by you lied! Why?" He asks. I look down not wanting to make eye contact it's him. "I-i can't." I reply. "Why can't you tell me! It's not that hard. Just tell me and it'll all b-" "HE THREATENED ME!" I yell making people around us stare. I look at Jonah who was confused and worried. "What do you mean he threatened you Scar?" "He said he'd kill everyone I love if I turned him in! He'd make my life hell!" I whispered. Jonah looked shocked. He was angry. "H-he what!" A tear slips from my eye.

Sorry but I haven't been in the best mood to write. This chapter is boring but whatever. It's a chapter, whatcha gonna do!? Hope you like it. Love you xx 💋