CHAPTER 22

"I'm sorry, my daughter."

Seulgi held her mother's hand and kissed it. She bowed her head on the hospital bed praying for her mother to get well soon. She was tired but she didn't let her mother saw it. She must be strong, for her family. Joon is still in highschool and it was not too long when she graduated, why did it happen then? Not too long ago she was still happy, cooking with her mother, taking pictures with her dad, bickering with her brother and on a date with her boyfriend. She didn't know that the happiness she felt dissappeared all of a sudden in an instant.

Her mother was diagnosed with cancer, her father was imprisoned and her brother ran away from home. The burden was too heavy for her to bear. She wanted to ran away too just like what her brother did, she wanted to ran where Jimin is but she can't leave her mother alone. Joon... for sure he'll come back, he just can't accept it now that their life turned upside down. He's smart, for sure he'll come around. So Seulgi focused on her mother and visited her father when she can make the time. Jimin was not around that time because his father started bringing him to business trips, they hardly make time for each other anymore and it lasted for two months.

Her mother was able to go home that time, but Seulgi still didn't feel any better, Joon still didn't come home and she was worried about her father. She became depressed, she took pills when she can't sleep and stayed in her room because she feel weak and vomitted. She kept on thinking where she'll borrow money, her friends aren't that well off either and Jimin is not answering his phone. She felt alone

She succumb into darkness and trapped herself, she got no appetite for a week, turning her phone off. When she realized that she's being selfish and thought that she's the only one suffering, she stood up and went to her mother who was at the kitchen stirring some soup. Her mother is still there for her, it must be hard for her. She wanted to cry.

Just when she was about to go to her, her vision became blurry and her head got dizzy that she fell hitting her head hard on the floor. She didn't know that her carelessness led her to kill a life.

The beating heart of life in her belly just died.

***

Seulgi can hear voices around her but she's too weak to move but she did try to open her eyes. Why does she feel so weak? Did she eat something wrong? Questions flood in her head but she could only close her eyes and let herself be swallowed by the darkness when she woke up, she was lying on a hospital bed. Just like what happened two years ago.

She stared at the ceiling, the memories came to her like it was yesterday.

She looked around and saw her friends on one side and Eunkwang with some other doctors on the other side.

They smiled when they saw her and immediately went to her side to help her when she acted sitting up.

"Don't push yourself." Irene unnie said while helping her to sit down.

Seulgi turned to Eunkwang "What happened? Why did I pass out?" She remembered that she was at her family's house because her father finally got out of prison. She looked around the room. "And where's dad?"

"Your dad is at your mother's room, don't worry." Wendy answered.

Eunkwang turned to her friends. "Can you please give us a moment? I need to talk to her."

Her friends looked at each other before they nod their head patting Seulgi on her arm before they left. The other doctors who're with Eunkwang left as well so it's just the two of them.

When they all left Seulgi asked him immediately. "What's wrong?"

"Don't be surprised on what I'm about to say. You're pregnant."

Seulgi stared at him her eyes widening and her mouth hanging open.

"What did you say?"

"You're pregnant. 3 weeks precisely."

Seulgi gasped putting her hand over mouth. Hot tears spilled on her cheeks. To say that she's happy is an underestimation, it was overwhelming. To think that she was given a chance to bear a child again, how happy could she get?

"But there's something I found out when we examined you."

Seulgi stopped and stared at him. No, it couldn't be. She doesn't want to hear it.

She was happy earlier but now she got scared, thinking about her past made her worry of her current state, she's afraid that the same thing will happen.

Her tears continued to fall. Her hand clung to Eunkwang's coat while the other one on her belly.

"Please... Don't tell Jimin. I'm begging you."

Eunkwang put his hand over hand. "Why? You know you have to, that way he could help you get on with your life."

Seulgi continously shake her head still crying while pleading him. "No... please... I don't think he can take it, I don't want to see him suffer... He will blame himself if he knew..."

"Why would he blame himself? It wasn't your fault, you didn't know..."

Seulgi swallowed the lump in her throat. "He might think he's the reason why I lost the baby... so please.. I'm begging you. Don't tell him."

Eunkwang sighed and was about to talk when the door opened, both him and Seulgi turned towards the door to find Jimin standing with his eyes and mouth wide open.

"What do you mean? You lost the baby?"