CHAPTER 23

Jimin walked inside the hospital and saw Seulgi's friends walking at the corridor talking to themselves, when they saw him they stopped infront of him.

"You're here already?" Irene noona asked

"I can't sit idly. I'm worried." He turned to Joy. "I'm sorry, I asked Sungjae to go in my place."

He thought that Joy will complain but she smiled at him nodding her head. "I understand."

"She's talking with the doctor, you should go." Wendy said. "I don't know if you can go inside though." She said hesistantly since Seulgi and the doctor have something to discuss seriously.

"Let him, he's the husband anyway." Joy said. Irene agreed.

Jimin nod his head smiling at them before he went to Seulgi's room. He was just about to open the door when he overheard their conversation.

"Please... Don't tell Jimin. I'm begging you." He heard Seulgi said, her voice sounds like she's in agony.

"Why? You know you have to, that way he could help you get on with your life."

Was that Eunkwang? What do they mean? What is Seulgi hiding from him that he can't know?

Her shaking voice pained him. "No... please... I don't think he can take it, I don't want to see him suffer... He will blame himself if he knew..."

Why will he blame himself? He's dying to get inside and ask them directly.

"Why would he blame himself? It wasn't your fault, you didn't know..."

"He might think he's the reason why I lost the baby... so please.. I'm begging you. Don't tell him."

It was like a bomb was thrown at him. He stopped for a moment and only went inside the room when he realized what they were talking. He didn't want to believe what he just heard.

"What do you mean? You lost the baby?"

Seulgi and Eunkwang turned to him. Seulgi covered her face and bawled. Eunkwang sighed and said he'll be back later.

He didn't care. He was just only looking at her, look at her cry so hard.

"You lost the baby?" He asked for the second time.

Seulgi looked up with her cheeks full of tears. "I'm sorry." She said covering her mouth.

Jimin gasped as tears rolled down his cheek. He doesn't know what to think. He felt lost. He wanted to have a child with her but they lost it.

The news was sudden that he felt like his energy was drained. He held on to the wall for support.

"Are you okay?" He asked even though he's not fine himself. She must be distraught herself.

He saw her nod on the corner of his eyes.

"We're fine." Seulgi put her hand over her belly.

Jimin looked at her. What is she doing? She lost the baby right?

He walked towards her and looked at her at arms length. "Are you really okay?"

Seulgi sniffed. "I am. Why?"

"Why..." He looked down on her hand then back to her eyes again. "Why are you acting like you still have the baby? Are you really okay?" He got scared all of a sudden.

"I'm pregnant."

"You lost the baby." He countered, for sure his eyes shows that he's scared. He was scared that she's delusional or something.

"Oh gosh Jimin, I meant our baby two years ago." Seulgi's eyes started to water again. "I thought you heard everything.."

"I heard you lost the baby, that's all. So you're telling me we had a baby two years ago?"

The heavy feeling in his chest became lighter after hearing that she didn't actually lost the baby but the lump in his throat is still there. They actually had a baby two years ago.

"I'm sorry. It was my fault. I-I didn't take care of myself. I didn't know that I was carrying a fetus inside my belly." Seulgi cried looking down. "I felt so empty when it was gone."

The guilt she felt all these years just came down crashing over her. It never left her. It keeps on hunting her, in her dreams. Everytime she looked at Jimin. Everytime she saw a thing that reminds her of their child. She's always stricken. She was thinking that she deserved it as her punishment. She knew she will repent for the rest of her life.

Jimin just looked down on her. She was crying so much he thought she must have held it in for so long. To keep it a secret from him.

He remembered what Yeri said and felt guilty because he can't think about their baby two years ago but think about his wife in front of him instead. She was just trying to protect him when it should have been her who should have been protected, because she knew, she experienced the pain and she kept the secret only to be found out by him. She suffered for two years. The way she acted towards him when they saw each other again made sense to him now.

"I was planning to tell you but I never got the timing."

He pulled her for a hug and Seulgi immediately wrapped her arms around his waist and cried. "If I was more--"

"Shh... Say no more. You don't have to keep it to yourself anymore. I'm not angry at you." If she's crying so much like this then she must have wanted to grow the baby in her belly two years ago. That was enough for him.

Seulgi buried her face on his stomach. He doesn't know how much it meant to her. She was scared earlier that he might be angry at her.

Jimin touched both of her cheeks breaking the hug so he could look at her face but Seulgi's hands stayed on his waist. He stared at her face and carressed her cheeks up to her swollen eyes.

He gently smiled at her. "Don't cry now. It'll be bad for the baby." Seulgi nodded continously.

"And this time, we won't lose the baby. You have me now, I will protect you both." He promised.

And the baby have them together as well.

A/N

Thank you thank you so much for reading my ff. :D

I don't know if you guys want this story to be longer but let's not make them suffer anymore 😃 And emo scenes kind of wreck me, I get affected everytime. Grr. haha.

Goodbye! and see you on my next SeulMin story,thank you again for reading my story despite the typos and everything :)

Bbye!

Love the Second Time Around (SeulMin)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara