7-inner fire

Zuko's POV 

I yawn and wince when my inner fire flares up, before hurrying out and towards the area where I meditate. I set my swords aside and settle in, hissing when accessing my inner flame causes my veins to run with pain. I focus on my breathing and start, trying to guide the flow of chi and everything else. I hate how bad it hurts this morning, but I don't know why. Maybe because my room was so cold last night, and I didn't cover up, meaning me flame had to work harder than usual? Probably. I sigh and focus again, letting the chi guide itself as I apologize to my flame, aware it can get back at me. 

I sigh and decide to get up when I hear the others all finally settle around the meager fire I created with my flame to apologize, but he's still mad at me, and is currently burning me up. Katara dumps cold water on me and I sigh as I steam, literally. 

"Zuko! You're steaming! Should you be?"

"Yeah. I pissed off my inner flame and he's currently overheating me to get back at me.  I won't stop him, because he won't kill me. I will, however, probably have a bit more firepower, when we train today, so I am going to try and avoid bending, though from the twinge he sent, he probably won't let me do that for long."

"Ok. He?"

"Yes. This is something I'll be teaching today, before we start bending. For now, eat and quickly, I won't be eating, because I'll still be hungry, at least until he forgives me."

I get hesitant nods and soon head further into the temple, entering a room with some hot springs and settle in, sweating within a few minutes. I groan and try to apologize, but the fire I materialize, forms into his figure, meaning he's going to talk to me.

How are you doing? Little hot?

I glare and he smirks at me, aware of how I'm doing, as he's still running through my veins and creating an ache, before sending random jabs of sharp pain. I hiss at a certain one, closer to my heart than I'd have liked, but I trust him not to kill me.

You should've covered up. Now, apologize to me. Be sincere.

"Shurukon, Shu, I am so very sorry for making you work harder last night, so can you please forgive me? And maybe stop the pain?"(Show-uuuh-con) (shoe)

Yes. But, pain? What pain? I haven't been causing you pain, just an ache. Let me see...

He disforms and merges with my chi again, running through my body to try and find the problem. Why is it I can't have a day, where my inner fire and I get along really well? We do good, even great on some days, but other days, we are both too stubborn or annoyed to do anything for the other. I love my inner fire, and I know he's aware of that, but he's never said if he loves me back, so that may be why.

I think you may have to skip firebending training today. Some of your chakra channels are being blocked, but because you were focused on apologizing to me, you didn't realize and tried to push chi through anyway. So, you need to get someone to give you a massage, on your chakra channels, so they loosen up and keep going.

"Ok. But, none of the others here know how to do that. Maybe I can do it?"

Too dangerous, you might kill yourself by accident. Have the Avatar or waterbender do it, because if you don't say anything, the earthbender will. She can feel the chi running through your body. She can see the blocks, and will  tell them so you will get help.

"True. I guess I'll talk to Aang and see what he says, before going to anyone. Now, let's go." 

I stand and wait, knowing that the others are almost done meaning he will show up... now. Aang enters and looks around, before spotting me. I walk towards him, making sure he's not feeling intimidated.