10- wings

This is based off the fact that in an AU everyone has wings and to touch another's is ok always, but only on Urge day, a day every month where they need to be surrounded by other people and touch, is touch absolutely necessary.
Zuko's pov

I groan and yawn, carefully moving my wings around behind me, making sure not to break or ruffle any of the feathers. I glance behind me and then get out of bed, stretching out any kinks or aches I may have. The black and red feathers rustle behind me and I flinch when a slight pain shoots up the left one, before going down to a throb that will disappear soon enough. I've lived with the throb for ages now, and know it disappears after about 4 minutes, and then I can do as I please without it bothering me for the rest of the day. Now, my wings are most unusual, especially for the royal family. Being a descendent of both Avatar Roku and Firelord Sozin, means I have two different types of wings. The left one, is a feathered one similar to an angel like wing, while the right one is a dark wing, made entirely of shadows. I don't have to be in shadows for it to move or work, but it is literally made of darkness, and can't be touched, but anything trying to harm it can hit it.

Now, the disadvantage to this, is that wings say a lot about people, and my wings show that I am a disappointment and a failure, while also showing me as a worthy and noble person. Since they contradict, many people hate me for not being able to know anything about me. I can't help it, my wings came as they were, just like everyone else's. I feel odd in this group, because everyone elses' show a lot about them. Aang's light grey ones, feathered as they are, tell you he's playful,and mischievous. Toph's leather like ones, brown and dark grey mixing together, say she's soft, but in a hard way. Sokka's water substance wings, nice lovely ocean blue ones, they show he's proud and surprisingly sneaky when he wants to be. Katara's wings, being infused with her bending, show she's proud, but holds onto the past, the silver-ish blue marked by dark blue. Teo's are a nice dark grey, showing his intelligence and curiosity, being made of metal like substances. Haru's feathered wings, green and brown, show he's got a nice soft and squishy character. The Duke's small, leather-ish ones tell you, with their majestic golden color, how he's brave and lonely. Hakoda's wings, feathers of soft grey and blue, show how gentle and kind he can be. Chit Sang's fire substance ones, showing he can be passionate and protective. Suki's show that, with their gentle green and hard eradic red, she can be fierce and kind.

These variations tell you so much, especially since most days, we with wings like to just stay in with others and enjoy the company. I know today is one of those days, but I have never been invited, so I decide I'm going to eat some food and then leave, as quickly as I can. I leave my room, swords strapped in a way that won't hinder my wings, and quickly head for the main area. I make a small breakfast of cut up fruit and some jerky of some kind, before I head off. I can hear someone coming and decide to go up top for a little while. No one will miss me. I go up to the edge and glance around, before uncurling my wings. It takes only a second and then I tip forward, letting my wings open wide. I fall for a few moments, getting the feel of the air and then flare my wings, shooting back up and floating for a few minutes, hanging just barely in the lower clouds, enjoying the feeling of flying, since I haven't done this in a while. Haven't been able to. A shooting pain in one of my wings reminds me why and I sigh as I descend onto the top of the upside down temple, resting on the flat ground.

This is as good a place as any to meditate to alleviate any sadness or loneliness I may have accumulated, especially since no one here is particularly interested in being near me, let alone touching me. I don't think they realize what they're doing, and if they do, then they don't care. I can understand why Toph, Aang, The Duke, and Teo wouldn't know, being as young as they are, or old, but the others? They probably have a 50% more chance of knowing what they're doing, and just don't care. I set my wings down around me and start to go through the feathers as I stare out into the sky, wishing desperately that my Uncle were here. He never let me spend these days alone, even when I wanted to be alone. I pluck out the bad or loosened feathers, making a small pile beside me, before glancing at my other wing. I can't really do anything to fix or mess with it, but I can infuse it with some of my bending so it stays strong. I make a fire and hold it over the shadow wing, letting it absorb and use the energy from the bending to make itself more sturdy. My left wing twitches and I hiss, massaging near the base in an attempt to sooth the aching shooting pain running throughout my body.