12- omega

This is an a/b/o world, but there will not be any smut, or sex. It's just showing how something simple may have changed the characters a little bit.

Zuko's pov

I can feel it when I rise, and groan softly, but continue anyways. Katara, the Beta in our group, is going to be hissy with me today, as every other day, and that won't help any. Alpha's are the more serious ones, though some of them can be very playful and silly sometimes, they usually lead or manage the pack, Omega's are rare, a treasure, because they very rarely come as men, and even rarer, are actually taken into a pack. Ones in packs tend to get very cuddly and affectionate, while ones without, are still cuddly and affectionate, they just don't do it as freely. I was raised with a pack, but our Beta left and that gave the two Alpha's free rein to punish me as they wish.

I wince as I remember why I hide my nature, but today is going to test me. Aang, Sokka and Toph are all Alpha's and Katara, as mentioned, is a Beta, which is what the group thinks I am. However, I am an Omega, and today I can feel the need to cuddle and touch others, but I know it will make the others uncomfortable, so I won't act on these instincts. I managed to push them aside for almost 3 years, I can do another day...right? I groan as the logic accurs to me, if I've been holding it back for three years, the likelability of doing it today, when I know I'm surrounded by people who mostly accept me, I won't be able to. Damnit. 

I start to debate the pros and cons of heading out and joining the group, or staying in my room and not leaving, when a resounding thud! rings out and I'm racing for it to make sure it's nothing serious. I enter the fountain area and sigh when I realize it was just Momo, who tripped over a pan that must've been left out. I pick up the pan and put it back with Katara's stuff, while letting Momo, who had leapt on to my shoulder,curl around my neck. Appa approaches and groans, before tapping me with his tail. He then curls up and nudges me with his nose.

I grunt when the air leaves my lungs a little forcefully, but understand what they're trying to do. Animals have an uncanny ability to tell what a person is,and they can probably tell I'm an Omega and I need to cuddle and touch. They're trying to help and I let them, lying on one of Appa's legs, while I let Momo curl up in the curve of my stomach, as I curled up on my side. The soft fur of Appa and Momo's trilling send me into a nice quiet nap. 

I jerk awake when water is dumped over me, freezing cold causing me to shiver. Damnit, I was enjoying a nap and she wakes me up? What is wrong with her? You never wake up another person when they're  naping, at least, not if they're...in your...pack... I sigh. Of course, she doesn't see me as pack, so she's free to do so, even if Toph, Aang, Appa, Momo, and Sokka-kinda sorta- accept me. I don't think she ever will.

"Yes?"

"You have firebending to do today, and I may not like you, but I sure as hell ain't going to let you sleep in or do anything else when you have good time to spend helping Aang. Now get your lazy ass over to him, teach him firebending and don't let me find you sleeping again until tonight. If I do, who knows? Maybe you rolled over the cliff while sleeping, you never know."

I groan, but go to stand. But, a tail blocks my way and I grunt when I fall back into the leg.

"Appa, buddy, I have teaching to do. Let me up."

I know he can tell I'm distressed and upset, I was comfortable and I really don't want to leave, especially not when I know I won't get any other touch beyond the mandatory ones, but I will, because this isn't about me. This is about the world and it's survival. He growls, but reluctantly lets me up, and I heat my shirt, evaporating the water. I hurry towards the training area, noting the sun is almost to the noon spot, so I've been sleeping a while. I hurry in and spot Aang, and Sokka standing off to the side. They won't be able to smell me if I cover my scent with the firebending smell, which comes with every firebender. I do so, cutting off a whine, as I really hate having to do that. Oh, well.