28 - HTTYD AU

I had this idea and it seemed fun, so here we fucking go! Any recognizable characters are not mine.  Also, I am going to give you the person each person is, and maybe a little explanation if urged, since a lot of people will probably disagree with some of the choices, but they can deal until they ask.

Zuko - Hiccup

Katara - Ruffnut

Sokka - Tuffnut

Aang - Fishlegs

Suki - Astrid

Toph - Snotlout

Since they are not actually these characters, they will act differently.

Zuko's pov

Welcome to my home, where we have sheep, lots of nasty people and dragons. My Father, the chief of Eldrthorpe (norse word for fire, and thrope for village, added to the end of word to mean something village.) He rules with an iron fist, with my sister Azula dealing with things behind the scene. My Uncle Iroh would do more, but he is missing a leg and an arm, along with the fact he's a blacksmith, so Father rarely acknowledges him.

The other teens my age - Aang, Katara, Sokka, Suki and Toph - they don't like me much. We are all smaller than most average Vikings, and all, but they have the agility, the strength or the dragon death count to back them up. I haven't yet shown any ability to helping with the dragon raids, so I get put in the stall with Uncle Iroh.

I wake to smoke and intense heat, something that never really bothered me - even before working with Uncle in the stall - and get dressed, racing out of the house and dodging any dragons - or people - along the way. 

"Get inside you nuisance!"

"Wait till your father hears!"

"This better not be some stupid plan of yours."

Great neighbors - I almost hope they get eaten, but that is not something I'd wish on anyone, really.  However, even with my height, I manage to get through and into the forge. The dragons are all great, which is a thought that could have me killed, but they are intelligent. I have been saved by a dragon, and I wish to see him again. He's a -

"Night Fury! Get down!"

I look up, knowing that anything otherwise would be considered wrong, since everyone reacts to that sound... though admittedly most people are ducking and hiding, rather than perking up in hope. I had never been hugged, licked, or touched in general before I met the Night Fury, and I don't think I ever will be. 

"Zuko, stay here. They need me out there!"

Uncle Iroh races out, weilding a sword and his special crossbow. I know he plans on getting the Night Fury, but I sincerely hope he misses. I love that creature, that person, more than I ever thought I could, especially with how cold my heart had gotten through the abuse, the humiliation, the degrading and the bullying from my village and peers. 

Aang left me alone mostly, but Katara, Sokka and Toph loved to take any chance they got. Suki doesn't acknowledge me, so while it's not even a touch, it shouldn't hurt, but hers is mayhaps the worse. Having someone pretend you don't exist, like you are not a living, breathing person with ideas, and more so air they could breathe in and then get rid of, is a pain that is soul deep rather than skin deep.

I race out of the forge, and head out to the cliff, the best place to watch the Night Fury. I know he does it for my benefit, and I love knowing he lets me see him. He could easier choose not to, but he decides to let me and I get to see him every raid. Sometimes, I go into a secret cove and we meet after the raid for a little bit, cuddling and snuggling in the cove until morning, when we will both wake up and have to part - me so no one gets suspicious, he because he can't be found or he'll be killed - and those are the days I enjoy the most.