15-fever

I just have this feeling that the isolation chamber(AKA the cooler) would have more of an affect on a firebender than normal. However, the affect doesn't take until the firebender is surrounded by a warmer temperature. 

Zuko pov

I try to focus my eyes as I head off towards my room, the higher temp. finally affecting me from the isolation chamber. I knew from Chit Sang's description, that it was made to reduce and induce pain in a firebender. Lower their body temp. and even if they use Breath of the Dragon, it will have a bad affect. I really wish I could cool myself down, but my body is tired and I can barely stand as it is. I don't think any of the others really care, but maybe they do. None of them would bother to check on me either way, and I can't cool myself down on my own. 

I try to ignore the pounding behind my eyes, the pain in my shoulders and the almost empty, cold feeling in my chest, where my fire usually resides. But, it's wavering and fading. I wonder if Toph can feel my heart beat slowing and my breathing growing raspy? I stumble and lean against the wall next to me, but I can't find the strength to keep going and slide down the wall. I curl up,trying to conserve some heat near where my fire should be, to maybe encourage it to keep fighting, but the cold is starting to travel through my fingers and down my arm, from my feet down my legs.(so, from his feet down, towards his crotch)I moan, and maybe someone followed me or the sound echoed, but hands settle on my shoulder.

I sigh and shift closer, cause they're warm and I need warm, because I am cold and the cold is piercing throughout my body. I groan, but then arms are under me and lifting me up. I shuffle a little in the arms, getting closer to their chest, where most of the heat is. I rest my head on the shoulder, and then a voice finally gets through to me.

"Come on.... Zuko, I don't know you very well, kiddo, but I'm pretty sure firebenders aren't supposed to be this cold and I'm pretty sure you don't collapse and curl up in the hallways. What do you need? Gonna have to help me here."

"'Koda? Need heat. Relight inner flame. Soon. Die. Please, help."

I yelp and writher a little as the cold turns into a pain and the pain turns into a constant that doesn't change, but moves. I hear more voices and there's panic, worry?, fear, and many more, but I'm so far in I can only focus on one.

"Zuko! I need you to help me here, I can't do anything if you don't explain."

"Chit.... Sang.... relight.... flame.... die....soon...."

"No,nononononono. You don't get to die, not now, not before any of us. Please.... How can I help?"

"Get out the way! Now! I'm a firebender and have been in that prison for a few years, I know what to do. Any firebenders? You, you're the Avatar, I will explain, but you have to pay close attention. Any mistake may kill him faster. You, watertribe and you, earthbender girl. Surround him with warm. Cuddle him, rub his arms,legs, whatever, but keep him warm. If he keeps getting colder, he is going to die. Now!"

I smile weakly, glad Chit Sang was finally found, because I know he knows how to deal with this. I groan and shudder as the cold gets further, before heat surrounds me. I chance a glance around, seeing an earth wall around us, with Sokka, Katara, Hakoda and Toph, who have gathered close and are giving me warmth. The nice heat seeps slowly in and kinda combats the cold, but it doesn't reach far enough to heat my flame, and I wince as the cold gets close. My fire starts flickering and I hiss, before I howl as it momentarily fades, before coming back.

"You guys.... better hurry!"

"...trying!....What?..... No!"

"Yes.....Chest now...... Dying!"