25-hanging around

This will take place at the western air temple. There isn't an honest time when, but after the group accepts him, but before they have to leave.

Zuko pov
I don't think the others will return. At least, not in time. My hand is slipping and the only thing connecting poor Aang to me, is the staff he has connected to my under clothes.
It's hooked into my shirt, which is sturdy enough to hold his weight, but my muscles are starting to ache and twitch. I can feel every individual muscle straining against both our weight, fighting to keep us up.
My other arm is useless, because the feeling isn't in it quite right and the wound on it would weaken it anyways. Honestly, shouldn't Sokka be here by now?
Flashback
Aang and Sokka had asked me to come explore some of the temple with them. Toph and Katara were busy, playing with the others or cooking. We were wondering in a place that looks like a giant bath room, maybe. Possibly even some kind of kitchen. I wander away from the other two, trailing my fingers against the wall gently.

I feel the catch of every crack, the chip and crumbling of the walls causing a chink in my heart. My people, the Fire Nation, destroyed this civilization, these people, in order to stop there from being another Avatar. That was not and will never be a good thing. Why would anyone deem it ok, to murder an entire society, just to stop something from happening in the future?

It's not something I'm proud of, not for my nation, and I know it means Aang was a orphaned for 100 years without knowing. It hurts worse knowing he probably doesn't even realize he's an orphan, because all monks are technically orphans. He won't ever have anybody but his friends to look after him, and that... that aches, in a way I didn't think anything could ever ache.

"...I'm sorry."

The other two turn to look at me, and I turn to face them, prepared to explain and let them understand, but the floor under us shakes and creaks in a way it shouldn't, especially since it's rock. However, it does keep making noises it shouldn't, and both Aang and I manage to grab Sokka's arm and haul him out of the room before it starts or even really finishes collapsing.

I almost feel bad for it, but I push Aang through a nearby wall, with a huge hole in it, before going for the door. The floor gives out under me, and I catch a glimpse of yellow, orange and then something is tugging at my clothes. I panic when I realize Aang is attached to me and falling with me. I reach back, trying to - unhook, remove, anything - his staff, when I spot something that will save us both.

I lean to the side, and despite the risks, grab hold of a nice chunk of rock with both my hands. The left one catches on some sharper rocks, my cry and red blood splashing over Aang's face, before he slams into the stone - far harder than he should have, damn it I wish I could check on him - and my left arm falling limp beside me.

Aang is only stuck on me, because his staff is hooked to me and - pretty sure, it is, at least - looped around his torso, going from shoulder to hip diagonally. I had seen a glimpse of blue, above us then, and hoped Sokka would bring reinforcements. The wind wasn't helping, blowing hard enough to shift Aang and continuously forcing me to shift my hold on the cliff, praying I don't lose my grip.

"Please,please,please, Sokka. I know you don't like me, and I know the only one to care is Toph, but Aang will not survive if we fall and I don't know how much longer I can hold on. I won't let go until I absolutely can't hold on, but Aang hasn't woken and I can't check on him. Hurry, please."

No one magically shows up, and there's no sound but the wind, and an occasional stone falling. I groan and shift again, but when that hand starts slipping, I hiss and force my other hand to respond, grabbing the cliff with the other one, even though there's a sharp and persistent pain in my arm. The blood falling from my forearm continues to fall, since I have no ability to stop it and honestly Aang still hasn't woken up and this isn't good.