33 - Hero Au

As requested by SummerTheBeast219

3rd pov

It was well known by everyone in the Nations, that there were vigilantes. For the Air nation, they had the Lemur, a small boy in a silver blue suit, with leather to replicate wings and a few feathers along his back. No one knows who he is, but he stops crime in the most non violent way possible. For the Earth nation, they have the Blind Bandit, a short girl wearing all dark green, with brown gloves, boots - steel toed -  and a short staff to beat the enemies up with. The Water nation had the lovely Painted lady, who worked with the Boomerang man. The Painted lady wore mostly blue, with some ice designs, and lots of weapons - mostly throwing weapons - in snowflake shapes. Boomerang man, obviously, uses a boomerang. He wears mostly pale blue and grey, and he has a nice little sheath - similar to Painted lady - to pull out some tear gas bombs.

The Fire nation had a vigilante, a somewhat tall male, who wore a black suit with a red dragon and a nice mask and everything, who was called Sunshine. It's not his actual name, but he refuses to answer the news stations and so they gave him their own name, which had caught on. Due to an accident, the vigilantes from the other Nations thought Sunshine was a villain, but before it could be rectified in any way, he had disappeared. It had since been 2 weeks, and the other vigilantes had separated their night, spending half their time in their own area, and then moving into the Fire nation to help them out.

Under the masks all the vigilantes wore, they knew each other. It was an accident when they found out, all having to leave at the same time and then spilling they had a friend gathering to get back to as a reason to leave early. Since, they'd gotten closer, and where often seen together hanging out between taking out criminals. The news had been speculating if they were going to adopt Sunshine before he disappeared.

"Where the fuck did Sunshine go? He had better be in a damn bad situation, cause I want to go back to getting my half a night of sleep. My parents are starting to get suspicious."

"Ours too. We feel bad lying to Dad."

"Gyatso is already onto me."

They had all gathered onto a single building, having taken out the villains in their sectors. All of them were exhausted, and they didn't think they could go on. Most of their parents didn't know they were vigilantes, so they have to lie in order to get by. Sometimes it's hard, but they all make due, even Aang, who sucks at lying. 

"Ya know, I know I shouldn't be, since Sunshine has been a vigilante longer than us, and has more experience, if he deals with this Nation on a daily basis on his own, but I'm worried. It's been two weeks. If we leave for that long, we usually leave a note of something, so the police can pick up out slack."

"It's possible the police are corrupt in this Nation, so badly that they are helping the criminals rather than stopping them. And I don't think Sunshine is the type to leave a note."

"He is, actually. I meant to introduce you lot sooner, but I've known Sunshine longer than you all."

"But what about those times he-"

"For the last time, Boomerang, he was not chasing you. He was following a bad guy. You guys happened to be in the way. He was trying to go around you. The weapons all missed you, and he even protected you. He was injured when I saw him later that night!"

"...Where we wrong?"

Before they can go any further, a rustle comes from a few rooftops over and they all turn, weapon on hand. They are slightly surprised to see a glimpse of red and black, before it disappears around a corner. For a moment, they stand, too surprised to move. Then they all share a glance - or as much as they can - and give chase, Aang making sure that Toph is keeping up, while Katara and Sokka keep track of where Sunshine is.