{11}

edited: 04/10/20 

DISGRACE

~

remember the words you told me

you'd love me till the day I die?

~

3 MONTHS LATER

3 MONTHS LATER

Celeste's POV

I was drowning.

Not literally, but figuratively.

Drowning in sorrow... drowning in pain... and everything above.

I've fallen for someone who would never fall for me. Just having to see him everyday, hit me like a rock.

It was fall now. I was still living with Giovanni because I knew I couldn't go back to my own house. I have my own job at a diner close in town. Despite all of Giovanni's begging of me not to do so because he would "give me all that I need", I continued to do so. On the hardest nights, I would go back to the club and earn some money but it wasn't a passion for me anymore.

I've noticed Giovanni sitting in his room some nights, looking at pictures of Dahlia. There has been times when he would cry out for her in his sleep whenever I would sleep in the same bed as him. 

I saw that as a sign of him liking me but he saw it as protection. But what made it worse was the fact that I had zero choice in anything. It was like he had complete control over me. My every move, he watched. I could just be stepping outside for air and he'd be standing in the window, watching me. He was super sweet to Alessandro and I'm very grateful for it, but it felt like he was leading me on.

There were nights where he'd cuddle against me or sleep with Alessandro curled next to him while also have me on the other side of him, as if he was a normal family. I knew we weren't but the idea of having someone watching over me and caring for my baby as their own to take some weight off my shoulders was amazing. 

But he'd wake up and go back to his cold self, ignoring me every chance he could get. He'd speak less than 10 words to me and 9/10, those words were "you're going to my room tonight".

He ended up firing that guard when he found out that it was him that had entered my room. He has some suspicions that he was working with Rico, but there aren't any leads on that yet. He just keeps me under constant watch.

Meaning he drives me to & from work, to the store, malls, etc. I can never leave his sight.

But it's only for protection, I tell myself before he could tell me.