{27}

I don't say a word
But still, you take my breath and steal the things I know
There you go, saving me from out of the cold

I don't say a word But still, you take my breath and steal the things I know There you go, saving me from out of the cold

Celeste's POV

Mekhi's birthday is today.

It's been 7 months since Giovanni's been in this coma and it hurts more and more each day. Especially with Mekhi's constant asking for him to come back. He thinks he left again.

He's been asking for Giovanni all morning and doesn't want to get out his bed with my help, he wants Gio. He's been throwing tantrums, he's tossing pillows at me and yelling. It's hurting my heart and I have no clue what to do.

"Baby, I'm sorry. Remember he's hurt right now, baby. He's asleep and can't wake up right now." I tried to pull him from out of the bed.

He yanked his arm back, "Den wake him up!" He yelled.

"Baby, I can't. Please let's just go get ready."

"I WANT DADDY!"  

"Meh-"

"DADDY! DADDY! DADDY! DADDY!"

"Mekhi, please calm dow-"

"I WANT DADDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY-" He screamed in my face and I was on my last straw.

I yelled back the first thing that came to mind, "HE'S NOT YOUR DADDY!" and I've never regretted it so much.

His little bottom lip turned up instantly and his big eyes started watering. My heart ached at the sight and I didn't mean to shout that out at him. Being 7 months pregnant, running a mafia, raising a kid and trying to keep my own composition has been taking a toll on me. Mekhi hollered and honestly at this point, I was so stressed out and over it, I cried right along with him. I'm so tired of being strong all the time. Without Giovanni, I swear my whole life has went to shambles. I thought I'd be able to handle it but at the same time, my whole body screams for him every night. The mafia is already way too much itself but imagine running it with a baby in your stomach and your fiancé is laying in a coma.

He noticed the tears running down my face as he was crying and slowly, his cries turned to whimpers. "Mommy-" He whispered out.

"Yes baby?" I looked up at him with tears brimming my eyes.

"I love you." He said, reaching in for a hug.

Tears started running down harder as I returned his hug. It's the fact that my baby is so smart, he knows what he's saying and he knows what he means. I love this boy and he's growing up so fast.