Prologue

Seeing as today is the anniversary of the XY series ending and the special moment of course, I thought it would only be appropriate to release a new fan fiction for all the amourshippers to enjoy, or not depending on your type of cookie.

With that being said, enjoy the book and happy amourniversary!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There I was yet again, sitting in the same room, in the exact same chair. I won't lie, it's not like I have anything against it. I know this place like the back of my hand, I've been here all too often. My current location is a waiting area outside of an office within the Kanto Protection Association Headquarters. Just like any other waiting area, there was a person sitting at the front desk, a nice view on the outer surroundings of the building, a table filled with week old magazines that nobody ever reads and of course there was my partner. My dearest friend, my strongest aspect of the team, Pikachu. 

He was laying on my lap getting some rest, lazy as ever. I don't blame him though, after what we've been through, I could use a little vacation. Just go some place where there is no need of worry, or just go out on an adventure again. Journey through some other regions, meet some other Pokemon and befriend them, just like the good old days.

Simply thinking about it made me pumped up. Although as soon as I tried to stand up to express my excitement, there was an immediate shock that went through my body. The shock, reminding me of what happened within the last few days...

(Flashback)

"Come on Pikachu we can't let him get away!" I exclaimed to my partner as we ran towards the top of the building. We are currently infiltrating the team rocket headquarters, finally after all these years, our leads have gotten us here. We can finally stop Giovanni from ruining anything else. "Not this time" I stated under my breath, barely noticeable.

I smashed through the door on the roof top and sprinted towards the helicopter pad.

"Stop right there Giovanni, It's over. You have nowhere to run!" I yelled as I saw him take a step onto the helicopter.

He gave me a simple glare, before turning back to the pilot and nodding. 

I was ready to send out charizard and take it down as soon as it lifted off, but I was surprised to see Giovanni turn my way and begin walking towards me.

"Fine then. I am getting tired of my plans constantly being foiled by peasants like yourself, seeing as the rest of this organization is incompetent enough to take you down, it's my turn. Next time we see each other, all I will be staring at is a piece of stone!" He finished with a maniacal laugh.

"You've got it wrong Giovanni" I fired back. I felt a fire burning inside myself, after all he has done, there is no way he will get the chance to escape. "There won't be a next time, and I'm gonna make sure of it!"

He didn't even so much as bulge at my reply. He reached behind his back, and grabbed one of his pokeballs. He then pressed the button within the center of the ball, and out came a bright blue light, releasing his cat-like Pokemon.

"Persian!" the pokemon yelled.

"This is it Pikachu, we have been working hard for the past year to get to this point, there is no way we can afford to lose this, we've lost too much already!" I said as I indicated for Pikachu to go.

"Let's get this over quick boy" Giovanni stated. "Persian let's go, show no mercy with power gem!" The cat-like pokemon began shooting out rays of light that sparkled as if they were made of gemstones towards Pikachu.