Chapter 35

I woke up to the sight of light hitting my closed eyes, I slowly opened one, looking at the bright substance entering through the small spaces through the curtains. I took the bed sheet covers and threw them across my head, blocking out the light. I smiled and went to my peaceful rest. I laid there in the comfiness of the bed, trying my best to return to my slumber but to no avail. I sat up with a sigh and looked at Fennekin who was still asleep 'How can you sleep for that long?' I thought to myself.

I stood up from my bed, and walked to the window, opening it and inhaling the fresh morning air. My hair, dancing with the smooth breeze flowing throughout the area. I slouched with my hands on the window, and kept staring at the surroundings, my mind then recalling yesterday and filling yet again with excitement. 

'Spending the day with Ash was incredible, and amazing. Even though we had a rough start in Kalos, it was as if I got a complete reset when I arrived here. I thought he would still be upset about what happened with Calem, but he wasn't!' I squealed mentally. 'And the spot he showed me yesterday was also outstanding, I never would have thought that Ash would be the type to enjoy such things, but then again he is still a complete mystery' 

My mind flashed back to the bench, and our last moments on the cliff. We were both sitting down staring out towards the sight ahead. There was silence, but no type of awkward silence, peaceful. Peaceful as bliss. Our eyes seemed to interlock and were gazing at teach other. His handsome hazel eyes, looking at me. But something was off-putting about them, I couldn't tell what but they seemed to be missing about them. 

Time seemed to come to a freeze, and everything around stopped moving. Nothing else mattered. Space filled the air around, all that was visible was the glistening stars in the distance. I reached for his hand, edging closer. My hand coming ever closer to his, now hovering above his.

He stood up, looking away "It's getting late. We should really get going" Ash said, turning to me. No expression on his face. I was caught in a trance and a sense of shock at the same time. "You don't want to be waking up late tomorrow do you?" I shook my head, now disappointed "Of course you don't, you said it yourself. You don't want to waste any time while you are here, you want to experience everything Sinnoh has to offer" He said, recalling my own statement towards me.

My mind returned to the present. I sighed still looking out the window 'If only it had happened...' turning around, I noticed Fennekin stand behind me looking at me with a worried expression "No need to worry Fennekin, how was your long rest?" I asked, to which the fire type fox pokemon responded by jumping and doing flips to show her energy. I chuckled at her, going back to deep thought while staring at her 'Next time, I need more confidence. I hesitated, I should just go for it.' I said in my head, hoping to get another opportunity as great as yesterdays.

 "Oh well, today may be the day. I'm sure Ash isn't busy with anything today." Before exiting the room, I got dressed in my usual attire, and then placed my signature pink hat on top of my head "Come on Fennekin, let's go" I said to my partner who I grabbed and hugged to my chest, while letting her face outwards. We exited our room and went towards Ash's, which I found out he was actually staying here yesterday when we returned.

I walked up to the door and knocked. We waited patiently for a reply or some sort of answer indicating that Ash was in, but nobody answered. "Ash?" I asked out loud towards the door 'He might still be sleeping' I tried again, to no surprise no answer. I sighed and looked at Fennekin "I guess he isn't here" I said with a disappointed tone. 

Not knowing what to do I went to the front of the pokemon center "Well Fennekin, I guess today it's just the two of us. What do you want to do?" I asked my pokemon companion "Fenneeee" She said pointing towards the city "You want to go exploring?" The fire type nodded, right as we were about to exit nurse Joy came walking in, and reminded me that she could know something about Ash.