Chapter 34

'Now I've got you Flint' I smirked as I looked upon the worried Elite Four member. Infernape was caught in a trap. Using it's hands to catch Pikachu's Iron Tail like that made it vulnerable. It won't  be able to use Thunder Punch, Mach Punch or Dig and Flamethrower would only cause an explosion to cause damage to itself. 'Alright, time to wrap this up. We've given him a run for his money'

"Pikachu!" I yelled out towards my partner, who turned back to me "Show them your true strength! Your most powerful thunderbolt." I shouted to which Pikachu nodded and turned back to its motionless opponent shivering in fear. The yellow mouse pokemon grinned as did I before he began charging his volts "Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika, Pika" I looked to Flint who still carried a worried expression, and was quick on his feet to try and think of a solution "Throw it away!"

'Check' 

I knew that it was already too late, this battle was over the minute it began. Infernape wasn't quick enough and ended up getting a taste of Pikachu's electricity "Pika-Chuuuuuuuuuu!" The yellow mouse pokemon shouted and released it's signature move overpowering the fire type, who let out a cry in pain.

A bright light emitted from the location of the two pokemon, and soon followed by an explosion. Smoke filled the battlefield, and blocked my vision of the other side. Pikachu returned out of the smoke with a flip and to our side quickly "Good job Pikachu!" I turned my attention back to the battlefield, and the last know location of Infernape

'And mate'

The smoke began clearing, I was pleased when it completely disappeared to find Infernape inside a crater created by the powerful move. He was laying on the ground, electricity still flowing through his body. I took a closer look at the eyes, only for them to be filled with swirls. A small sigh could be heard from the other side of the battlefield "Well Ash, I don't know how, but you did it. You beat me fair and square, congratulations on beating a Sinnoh Elite Four member" I gave him a nod, before he returned his pokemon.

"Alright Ash! You did it, you won!" I heard a shout from my side, I turned my head in confusion and watched on as the person I least expected to be here was running towards me. "Serena...?" I said in disbelief before being tackled to the ground. The moment she made contact with me I felt a pulse of some sort exit from the center of my chest. I was left completely speechless from the surprise. "Congratulations on your victory Ash! You managed to win against an Elite Four." Serena said congratulating me on the win.

I was still staring at her with confusion 'Is this some sort of hallucination? Now that I think about it, this might be another one of those nightmares...' My thoughts were soon interrupted by the soft voice "Ash? Are you there?" The voice asked, while the figure waved her arm in front of my eyes. I brought my hands up my face and rubbed my eyes. I picked myself up, proceeding to stare at her cerulean eyes in disbelief, my mouth slightly agape. "Ash?" She asked again in a more depressed tone.

We were soon joined by another voice who added onto the sight "So Ash, do you mind telling me who this is? Your girlfriend perhaps?" I saw the girls cheeks fluster with crimson color, while I simply covered my face with my hat 'What the hell is Serena doing in Sinnoh?' I thought to myself. Flint only chuckled at our responses, I remembered what I wanted to do before Serena interrupted the post battle tension. 

I pointed with my hand to honey blonde "Serena" I extended my arm out towards Flint "That was a great battle Flint. Even though you were the one to lose, you should still feel proud of the rank you carry with you." I said out towards him, waving him a smile, he happily accepted and put a hand on my shoulder "You've outdone yourself Ash, the amount you've grown since the last time I saw you and battled with you. Don't let others knock you down, you get right back up and show your worth" I looked down at the ground, and put a hand on the center area of my chest. Feeling the slow beats.