Chapter 8

That night was completely horrible. I got barely any sleep, if you can even call it that, and because of that I'm now completely exhausted. I kept on changing positions but no matter what I did, my conscience wouldn't allow me to fall into a slumber. My body felt as if it required rest, but my mind felt as if it was chugging energy drinks to stay awake.

I obviously knew the reason why I couldn't sleep, but it's still hard adjusting to this place. I'm at a pokemon center, and yet I feel as if at any moment, Giovanni will come back and do something yet again. I'm on the other side of the world from him, they sent me away for my own safety yet I have never been more uneasy.

At this point, I didn't see a point in even giving an attempt at going to sleep. The more I thought about what I was going to do, the more I was starting to wake up. "Alright, I guess another sleepless night it is" I said to myself.

I checked on my partner and of course unlike me, he was sound asleep, not a care in the world. 'Why can't I be like that' I thought to myself

My mind flashed to a scene from my past. Well, actually multiple scenes. It was as if my mind was showing me something. I started focusing on every scene, and got out what it was telling me. I use to be like that. Sleeping in, eating all the time, without a care in the world. Just like him now, I took a look at my buddy.

"Things have changed, haven't they" I said to myself "They haven't changed for some people I guess. I doubt it will ever go back to the way it use to be" 

At the end of my sentence, Pikachu's ears started twitching. I then saw as the mouse pokemon woke up and went over to me. "Pika, Pikachu" He said in a worried tone

'Of course you heard me, you have always tried cheering me up at my darkest times' I said giving Pikachu a complement in my head. "Hey, don't worry. I'll be just fine, or soon. I hope" Pikachu then came up to me and gave me one of his amazing smiles. I smiled back and have him a pet

"Cha" Pikachu squealed

"Seeing as we are both up and aren't planning on going back to sleep, how about we get some training done before we have to head to meet professor Sycamore and the Elite squad?" I asked Pikachu

"Pikachu!" He yelled back raising his hands and forming fists

"I like your spirit!" With that we ran out of the pokemon center and began our training. Seeing as Pikachu already has a decent move set we don't bother training to learn any other moves. Pikachu focuses on combining it's moves for the most effective and powerful strategies. 

"Alright Pikachu! Begin by using quick attack and combine it with thunderbolt!" I commanded Pikachu. This move would resemble volt tackle, although wouldn't be as powerful but a benefit would be taking zero recoil damage.

Pikachu started sprinting max speed towards a tree and used thunderbolt on himself. His outline of white then changed to yellow and completely covered his body. He hit his target with pin point accuracy.

"Nice job buddy! And it looked extremely strong" I complimented my partner

After about two hours of training on our offense and dodging it was about time we stopped for now. The reason we didn't focus any of our resources on defense is because in my opinion, Offense is the best type of defense. Seeing as Pikachu also had low defense, there was no point of actually working on it, it would be better for Pikachu to be able to dodge any attack coming his way.

I stared at the sky while we made our way back to the pokemon center to have a meal. A grin made it's way across my face 'I don't know where you are Giovanni, nor do I know when I will see you again, but know this. There is nothing stopping me this time from taking you down. You played with my emotions, next time there will be no such thing as 'emotions' to stop me from demolishing you'