Chapter 16

A moment or so ago, I arrived at school. I was sleepy and tired, my eyes were struggling to stay open, while I was struggling to stay up and kept walking towards our group's usual meet up spot. On my way there, I ran into Dawn who then notified me of what will happen today. "Did you hear? Calem is going to challenge Ash to a battle!" She told, her voice filled with excitement while also jumping up and down. "Dawn, that's great and all but I don't really like battles and you know this..." I replied not finding the news very interesting.

What surprised me however was the fact that Calem, the trainer who has yet to catch another pokemon, is challenging Ash, the person who demolished the Santalune gym leader and got his second badge in the same day. 'I wonder how that battle went, I would of loved to see it' I thought inside my mind lost in deep thought. 

"Serena?" Dawn waved her hand in front of my face

She continued and then looked at where I was looking, it was towards Ash's general direction. He could be seen making his way into the school building "Oh, I see how it is" Dawn teased while also chuckling. "W-What do you see? I w-was... thinking about the battle" I quickly tried to reply waving my hands before me

"Didn't you just state a second ago that you weren't interested in the battle?" Crap, she got me there. Great now she is going to start getting suspicious about me looking at Ash. "We both know what you were looking at, or should I say who you were looking at" Dawn kept on teasing trying to get the information out of me. I was getting really nervous and my brain was constantly trying to think of something to get me out of this mess.

"I was looking at Ash!" I yelled at Dawns face, who raised her hands up in defense "Alright, I'll drop it, let's get to our group before you become even more embarrassed" Great suggestion, I'd love to drop this. Things were quiet for a bit until Dawn started up again "You know... I never mentioned anything about Ash" She proceeded to turn around while sticking out her tongue and pulling her lower eyelid down with her finger "DAWN!" I screamed running after her

The two of us eventually reached our destination and joined the group, which currently looked to be in a heated discussion. 

"I'm telling you guys, the person who saved that Garchomp was me, who else do you think could pull of such an act, haven't you heard my cheerleaders?" Gary was attempting to convince the others that he was the hero of the day at Prism Tower. "Gary, we all know you have a massive problem with your ego, a) You don't have a Greninja, all you have is that Eevee which has yet to evolve, b) If you were the one to do it, then right after you would be completely full of yourself, and be thanking the people for their appreciation of your so called 'saving', because your ego filled head wouldn't avoid it at all and finally c) I REMEMBER THAT WE WERE HANGING OUT ON THAT DAY!" Paul tried explaining to Gary

"But how do you know it was me Paul? It could have been my twin, or a Gary from another universe" We all sweat dropped at his crazy imagination. The silly conversation eventually died down and went silent, that is until Dawn brought something up that I did not want to be shared with the rest of the gang "Oh, by the way guys, Serena was ch-" I practically jumped onto Dawn holding her mouth with my arm this time, not repeating the mistake I did a while back.

All of them looked at us with confusion as I was shutting Dawn up. "Serena was doing what?" The attention of the group shifted to Calem who was walking up to us confused like the others about my action. I went off of Dawn, and although I will regret this, letting her finish her sentence. "As I was saying before someone rudely interrupted me" She cleared her throat, signifying that it was important "Serena was checking for Ash, so that you could have a battle with him" Wait what. Thank Archeus that Dawn has no idea.

"Eh, is this really true Serena?" Calem asked me "I-ehm, yes?"

"Wow thanks Serena your the best! Oh I want to make another proposal." Calem started, his expression filled with confidence "I want to see how strong this Ash really is, and if I win this battle" He turned his head towards me "Serena, will you go out with me?"