Chapter 20

I was worried and confused. In one moment, I was watching onto Ash and Cynthia having an intense battle with both their ace pokemon. Cynthia and Ash were both about to shout out a command towards Garchomp and Pikachu, when an explosion occurred on the side of the stadium. A dense gas like substance filled the stadium, as I heard the cries of hundreds of students. 

"What's going on over there ?" Dawn asked worried, I looked at her and she was holding her hands in front of her mouth "It could have been an accident" Gary added onto to our thoughts "Yeah maybe, or it was done on purpose" I could see Paul grit his teeth. "Wait, what about Ash *cough* and Cynthia, where *cough* *cough* are they?" May questioned, coughing as her lungs were inhaling the smoke. Mays comment made me worry, but more for Ash. 

My thoughts were interrupted by shout coming from the center of the battlefield, it was faint and hard to hear from the panicking spectators, but even for the countless screams my ears could make it out to be Ash's voice "NO NOT THIS TIME!" 

A second or so a deafening roar escaped from the smoke and caused me to flinch to cover my ears. I looked at where it came from, I saw a Charizard fly out of the smoke and with a single wing attack blast got rid of the smoke that engulfed the stadium at this point. That Charizard came out of nowhere, I wonder who's it is?

I was horrified by the scene, there were these members of some sort who wore matching uniforms, capturing defenseless and innocent pokemon. "Ahh!" I looked onto the field to see Cynthia have this device around her waste, that trapped her arms and prevented her from moving. I moved my attention back to Ash to see him change, he wasn't the normal, cold Ash. He sent chills down my spine, his eyes filled with hatred, the facial expression that showed vengeance. 

Ash kept walking to one of the members that stood out, he was interrupted by a few of them that looked like grunts. 'What is he thinking? He could get hurt!' I thought to myself as I gazed on the scene, he snapped his finger. A draconic pokemon flew towards the what I could assume to be the evil people and exploded with fire. 'I guess that answers my question about Charizards owner, but I thought Ash only had Pikachu as his pokemon? What else is he hiding?' 

Within the next few moments, I could see Ash and the member that stood out were sharing a dialogue. Out of nowhere I heard him shout "Charizard, flamethrower!" It shocked me, I was now worried about him engaging in a battle right after he battled against the Sinnoh champion. I started running towards the exit but was interrupted by a hand, not just any hand, Dawn's hand.

"Serena, where do you think you are a going?! We need to leave, this place isn't safe!" She shouted towards, I ignored her and gave an attempt at getting lose, only for it to be unsuccessful. "Fine, if you won't do it for me, then think about your pokemon!" I stopped struggling and hesitated, thinking about the situation. 'She was right, they may steal Fennekin from me, and without her I don't know what I would do' I shook off the thought, if Ash is risking his own life, and his pokemon to save all the others, then I will stand with him!

"You don't get it Dawn! Did you see Ash? He is giving his all to stop the bad people, and he was in the middle of an intense battle with Cynthia. Ash must be exhausted but he is still risking it, so why shouldn't I?!" I yelled into Dawn's face, while getting lose from her tight grip. I ran with the speed of light through the hallways, until I was stopped by two of the members. They grinned "Little missy, this isn't any place for someone like you" One of them said towards me. "Now, if you don't mind, we will be taking your pokemon, or else" The other demanded making a beating gesture with his hands.

I grabbed my pokeball and threw it towards them "Fennekin, I need your assistance!" A blue light appeared from the pokeball but soon dissipated and revealed Fennekin standing in a battle stance. "Fennekin!" my performance partner yelled out, releasing a bit of ember from her mouth. "I really hoped it didn't have to be this way. Houndour come on out!" His team mate also had a pokemon, it was a Zubat. Fennekin and I had little battle experience, I don't know if we could even defeat one pokemon, it would impossible to beat two at the same time.