Chapter 47

"I'm here to battle Valerie, the gym leader of Laverre city." I yelled out into the room as I entered through the gateway, revealing a cleared battlefield. My words echoed through the empty room, eventually fading into nothing. 

"Is that so, and who would I be granting this honor to?" The soft innocent voice reached my ears, my head shifting to the side in return. Out of the side a female, a size taller than me entered the lit up stadium. She was wearing a peculiar dress, accommodated by the darkest shade of hair stretching down nearly below the knees. Sleeves of the dress sliding to the end of the arms, and into the air around sticking around like wings of a beautiful creature. The top part of the lengthy sleeves were filled in a vibrant pink, in the middle the golden yellow making its mark and juxtaposed when meeting with it's black contender.  

Her eyes inhumane, filling the entire socket but still dazzling in light and dancing with passion. Two pieces of a light purple struck out of the top side regarding the hair. Towards the bottom I couldn't help but notice the dark shaded tights running down the legs and reaching those formal high heels sharing the same color, only for a sweet and feminine to stop the mourning and empty set.

"You must be mistaken!" I shouted out towards the gym leader, who shared with me a look of confusion. I grinned at her reaction, the adrenaline had began taking its course, impacting every single fiber my body contained "The only person here who will be granted an honor is you." I continued, her look mimicking mine "I guess we'll have to put those words of yours to the test. Might this be perhaps your first gym battle in the region of Kalos?" I shook my head sideways, looking at my pal by my side.

"Not the first, and certainly not the last." I proceeded to show the gym leader all the other four badges I had gathered during my stay. "Impressive. But I trust you won't find obtaining this badge as easy as the rest. This gym focuses on fairy types. The love and passion I share with my pokemon brings us strength and takes us to greater heights." She walked towards the opposite end of the battlefield, the long sleeves grabbing the dirt along with them. "Use any type you'd like. I'm not one for type advantages, I believe in my pokemons capabilities in facing any match up and still come out on top." I explained to her, giving my side of the spectrum.

"I see you are one who holds strong bonds over obtaining raw power." I nodded to her, agreeing with her stance on my personality. "Will you be using that cutey sitting on your shoulder?" She called out, complementing the looks of my partner. "Pikachu!" The yellow mouse shouted out towards her, clearly satisfied with the attention he had gotten. "Only if you manage to defeat my first entry!" I shouted out to her before grabbing a pokeball off my belt and lodging it towards the battlefield.

"Ninja!" The bright blue light revealed a frog like pokemon standing center of the field, shouting out it's signature cry. Releasing an immense aura through out the room. "Now that is quite something. But how well will you fare against this?" The gym leader said before finally revealing her hands from the beautifully patterned sleeves , along side a pokeball held up high and proud. "Meet your first match up. Good luck to you mysterious trainer." The pokemon released was one that I had heard of, but never actually seen one before for myself. It certainly was a wonderful sight for the eyes.

The four legged, pale cream-colored pokemon stood there on the battlefield, eyeing Greninja and eye with such fierceness and a confidence that look to be unbroken. I guess this is where I come in, that confidence won't stay within them for long. There are two bows on its body, one located on its left ear and the other around the neck. The graceful movement of the feelers was one to enjoy. At the edges, a mix of colors including two shades of blue and a light pink to fill it. It looked as though the pokemon was wearing a hat of light pink, from the looks of its head and ears.