Chapter 25

I woke up to the suns bright rays shining upon my eyes. I covered my eyes with my hand, turning to my side and looking at the time. I took in my surroundings, and blushed the moment I recalled what happened last night. Ash allowed me to stay in the same room as him, it made me feel happy that he accepted me.

My eyes landed on the sofa that he was supposedly sleeping on, but was shocked when he couldn't be found anywhere. 'Did he already get up?' I asked myself. I began searching around the room, but it seemed like he already left. A sigh escaped my mouth, but was quick to hear something outside. The voice was muffled so I opened the window to get a better look outside.

Opening the window I could now hear the voice better and found it to belong to Ash "Alright Pikachu, Thunderbolt once more!" I heard him shout the command to his pokemon "Pika... CHU!" the yellow mouse pokemon released its energy causing an explosion to occur on the other side of the battle field.

"Great job buddy!" Pikachu gave him a thumbs up "Alright, now Iron Tail on the ground and hit those rocks towards the tree" I watched on as the electric type executed the command with precision and accuracy, my thoughts were interrupted by an unexpected command from Ash "Now Quick Attack, on me now" I gasped as I watch Pikachu, without any hesitation run towards Ash in full speed.

I don't know how, Pikachu was barely visible because of his speed, but right before impact Ash moved and dodged the move "Too slow, again!" He mocked "Pika!" Pikachu replied, nodding. This kept on going until Ash could be seen completely exhausted, but still kept going. I don't know why I stared at him instead of going down to him "Pika Pika Pika Pika" I could hear the small pokemon saying repeatedly gaining speed, eventually crashing directly into Ash. Who tumbled back from the power of the attack.

"Ash!" I screeched and proceeded to run down to him. When I reached him, I gave him a towel and a water bottle, which I grabbed on my way down. "Thanks" He replied, grabbing the bottle out of my hand "You should be more careful, you could hurt yourself doing that." I said to him in a worried tone. He kept sitting there in silence, and I decided to break it "Pikachu nearly defeated Cynthia's Garchomp, I'm just worried that you may cause yourself harm" 

His eyes contacted mine, he stood up and put a hand on my shoulder, chuckling "It's great that you care and all Serena, but this is a part of our daily training" The way he casually said that caught me by surprise "You put yourself through that everyday?" I questioned, he nodded.

I saw the time inside the pokemon center as we were making our way back to Ash's room "Ash we may want to hurry up" I told him looking at the time, we picked up the pace and got ready. Before we left, I needed to use the restroom. Ash said he would wait for me, reassuring me that I didn't need to walk home alone. 

Once I finished, I made my way to the front desk "Thank you for letting me stay here Nurse Joy" I said as I returned the key to my room "No problem Serena, you're welcome here at any time with open arms" The nurse replied with a smile, and I returned one. "Is Fennekin doing alright?" I asked with a worried expression

"Fennekin will be feeling better in no time. You just leave it to Blissey and I to heal her, she should be able to go home with you later today." Nurse Joy said, filling me in on the details about my pokemons state. I thanked her once more before leaving to the exit, only to find Ash talking with someone.

I was getting closer and could make out the figures appearance. The person had long blue hair, dropping beyond his shoulders. By the looks of his right eye, it matched the color of his hair, which was covering his upper face on the left side. He seemed to be wearing some type of suit, covered in a light shade of gray. Over his suit, flapped a short dark red cloak, kept together by single light blue button on opposite side of his heart.