Chapter 21

Finally, after Arceus knows how long, Dawn actually managed to find a restaurant that suited her needs. She seemed happy and full of energy, while I was still feeling sorrow from the encounter with Ash. I knew I messed up, and shouldn't have gone into his personal life... it also didn't help that he got hurt on the account of my idiotic actions. It kept replaying in my head, Ash getting hit by the discharge. Although the move was anywhere but near me, I still felt pain. For some reason it hurt me to see him in pain. I will always remember the grunt that escaped his mouth.

My thoughts were interrupted by the indigo haired girl "Serena are you alright? Ever since Ash ignored you, you've seemed kind of down. What's wrong?" A sigh exited my mouth "I don't know Dawn, it could be my fault. I got into a place where I wasn't welcome, and then also caused harm" Dawn looked at me curiously 'Of course she doesn't know about what happened with Ash that day we walked home together. Together, or was it only me that entire time?'

I kept thinking about the day, and how dreadful it felt at first. Ash didn't talk or anything, simply walked with me, that was until those pokemon came out of nowhere. They all seemed thrilled to see Ash and Pikachu, he must care about pokemon a lot. His courage that he demonstrated today with team Flare proves it. I'm still left wondering what he told to professor Sycamore, was it really that bad since he didn't want to share the answer with me?

Ash clearly loves pokemon, and seeing him happy made me feel the same on the inside. When he played with those wild pokemon, he looked as if he was having the time of his life. Unlike people, he didn't shove them away. But of course I had to ruin his mood by asking about the cut. The cut, I swear the dimensions and place fit the exact same place as the figure I saw on TV when Garchomp was on a rampage. I want to know where and how he had gained the cut, it may have been my own perception of the injury, but it looked fresh. 

I shook my head, even if I wanted to know I should keep my curiosity to myself. If Ash wants me to know his personal life and his history, then he will open up and tell me when he wants to. I can't force him to give me his entire biography. Now I get it, that must be why he changed. I went into a place where questions aren't asked, but only answers are given. A smile made it's way onto my face. 

"I need to apologize to him..." I said under my breath, but Dawn still took notice "You finally done having your internal dream sequence?" I blushed at the comment, but was met by a chuckle escaping Dawn's mouth "Serena, you were completely out if it. I tried contacting you, but you didn't seem to respond to anything. I know you were in deep thought, but about what?" She looked at me with a inquisitive expression, half closing her eye and put her index finger on her chin

I began panicking, my cheeks going crazy. I didn't want to exactly tell her what I was thinking about "I-I, Uhm, it was nothing" I looked to the side acting like I didn't think about anything. Dawn leaned in further towards me, this caused me to gulp "Are you sure it wasn't about a particular someone?" She continued teasing, it would be physically impossible for my face to heat up any further. "Y-Yes, I-I'm s...sure"

"Then why are you blushing and stuttering" She gave me a look as if she caught me "M-must be the climate" I shot an answer quickly, while shooting up from my seat "Yes! The climate, since it's turning winter now, the dryness is causing my face to be red!" I was basically shouting at Dawn at this point, she was about to open her mouth again, but I interrupted her "Dawn, zip. It!" I ran out of breath and sat back down "What ever you say Serena, what ever you say... But I still don't approve"

"Of course you don't. you don't even know him." I told Dawn looking at her who then gave me a weird look that showed confusion "Don't know him, I'm pretty sure I've known Calem for a long enough time to know him." She laughed, now it's my turn to be puzzled "Wait what? Calem?" I asked her "You think I missed that interaction between Calem and you? That was so cute!" She squealed, it felt as if a massive weight had been lifted off of my back. I was no longer pressured and embarrassed, an enormous sigh left my mouth.