Chapter 14

Fortunately because of the events yesterday I was actually able to wake up today without any issues, it seems that the adrenaline still hasn't worn off. I spent most of my time yesterday thinking over the incident that happened at the Prism tower. First the Garchomp that couldn't get a hold of itself, secondly the mysterious trainer that helped stop things from escalating any further, but what really topped it off for me, something that will take a while to forget, is the image of the figure jumping off of the top section for his Greninja. 

The person is extremely brave to risk his own life to save his pokemon, most trainers even the strongest could jump in front of an incoming attack to save an injured pokemon. However, putting your own life in danger, and facing death is a whole new level for me. Fennekin and I can barely even handle getting the least bit dirty, I remember when one time Fennekin refused to cross a muddy puddle.

Pondering on things that have happened in the past is useless, if the person really is that isolated there not even the slightest chance that I will be able to even get to see him again. I sighed, and noticed as Fennekin slowly woke up. She gave me that smile filled with happiness and showed me her eyes filled with ember.

"You know, seeing I am awake this early... It would be a waste to get nothing out of my beauty sleep being swept away." I said to no one in particular. A devious grin made its way and covered my face.

I took this as an opportunity. All these times it's been me, but now is the perfect moment for a little thing I liked to call payback. With my mind being made up, I walked into my mothers room making sure to be extremely quiet to avoid waking them up. "Ok Fennekin, when I give you my signal I want you to use scratch on Fletchling while I scare my mom to death" I whispered to Fennekin

"Fenn-" The fire type pokemon tried to speak up but what instantly blocked by my index finger "Shhh! Quiet Fennekin we don't want them waking up..." 

I made my way to my moms bed and looked at Fennekin while he jumped on the bed and got next to the night stand that Fletchling sleeps in. Noticing that both of us were positioned, I showed Fennekin my hand and started counting down, three, two, one...

"WAKE UP MOM! YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR WORK" I screamed into my mothers ears, while I could hear scratching noises on the other side of the room

"AAAAAAAH" My mother screamed, completely scared to death and jumped out of bed. On the other side of the room could be heard very high pitch squeak "Fletch! Fletchling! Fletch- Fletch Fletchling! FLETCHLING!" Fletching was aggresively waving it's wings towards Fennekin while clearly demonstrating its anger that it got woken up in such a brutal way.

"Uuuh, Serena... Why did you have to wake us up in that way..." My mom began, I couldn't stop laughing at them. Eventually I stopped and answered her "I thought that maybe you would like to experience what I go through many times, since you are so invested into my business"

Once I explained my reasoning behind the attack, she also burst out laughing. It was short lived, but still a moment that was great to share with my mom. We both went downstairs and made breakfast. Today was one of those days where she wouldn't bother me by reminding me of some of my earlier thoughts.

When I finished breakfast I got my bag and headed to school. While waiting on the bus stop most of my friends arrived, those that live close by. "Serena! Are you okay!" Dawn screamed into my ears before grabbing me into a giant bear hug. I was confused by her actions, It's not like I did anything life threatening. "Hi to you too Dawn, but why exactly are you so worried about me?" I questioned her

"Did you see the news yesterday?" May joined in "Yes, but I wasn't even near that" Prism tower is far away from my house, nearly a half an hour walk "One of the hyper beams went towards your general direction and we were really worried about you" That explains it I guess.