Chapter 45

"Bye mom I'll see you later!" I yelled into the doorway, then dashing off towards the bus stop. "Have a nice day sweety!" Even though the raven haired boy disappeared into thin air, I still carried a smile. I couldn't exactly explain it, but something just gave me this energy that was making it impossible to bring me down. Every single fiber contained in my body was on the brink of exploding because of all this sudden energy. I've never had experienced this type of feeling before, I was filled with happiness from top to bottom.

The sun was rising in the clear distant sky, the sheen of lustrous gold filling the berry trees to my side, hindering shadows that my feet swept across on the asphalt side walk. The gleaming heat stopped head on, yet seeping in through small cracks found in the blockage. My hair blew in random direction each time from the wind created by the vehicles passing by in incredible speeds. I skipped passed the solid terrain without a care in the world, both hands behind my back, embraced in one and other.

Near, in the distance, I saw the road expand inward and the plastic box supported by metal polls located next to it. The place wasn't empty. I could see countless people standing on the side of the box, chatting each other up or others sitting in their own world. I made my way towards my own group, who unsurprisingly were in another heated discussion. It seemed like some sort of argument, but it wasn't the entire group. Paul stood to the side merely listening to the two idiots conflicting each other once more. 

Dawn, Shauna and May were all giggling at the sidelines. I could see Dawn pull her hand up to May's ear and whisper something into it, causing her to turn a dark red and bring her hands up to chest level, only to begin bumping her index fingers into each other from the side. Typical Dawn to either tease or embarrass someone, May attempted to retort something judging by the fact that her lips had move, but I believe she was too shy to say it out loud for them to hear.

Shauna was the first to notice me, her lips curved from ear to ear while her arm was raised and waved in the air like crazy towards me. "Serena! Over here!" She shouted out, I sweat dropped at her since she could clearly see that I was making my way towards the group. The two boys quarreling in the middle seemed to have stopped, once facing away from the other, a childish way to respond to an argument while the other starred directly at me, eyes full of lust and mouth agape.

I saw him try and muster up some kind of wave by his hand, but it only caused me to cringe at the attempt, but still got a chuckle out of me. His lips were apart and something wanted to be released from them, but nothing was coming out. As if something was chocking him, or rather he was chocking on his own words. It was funny to say the least, funny and cute at the same time.

Due to my focus and attention being else where, I didn't notice the pair of feet lying beneath me on the floor from someone who was simply sitting and waiting for the bus. Not very observant of me I must say, I am often aware of my surroundings though. I stumbled forward, and was certain that my face would soon connect with the solid ground beneath, leaving scratches and bruises that would stay there forever. Those thoughts were soon put a side when I felt a pair of arms grab me and save me from the fall. I was relieved that someone had saved me from inevitable pain. 

I looked up to see my hero, and my eyes connected with the color of gray. "Watch where you're going Serena, you don't want to hurt that pretty face of your do you?" He let out, my cheeks flashed the color pink and couldn't maintain the eye contact. I gulped and regained my posture, getting my footing again. I dusted myself off, even though I didn't actually make contact with the surface below and gave some form of a smile to the person carrying a dark toned pack and a red hat accompanied by dark shades. 

"T-thanks Calem." I made out staring at him, he nodded and motioned his hand towards the group, letting me pass by. I took his offer and walked over the the lake of familiar faces. "What happened there?" Dawn slowly leaned in closer towards me, causing me to jump "N-nothing! I only tripped and Calem was kind enough to help me out." I burst out quickly, causing chuckles to escape the blue haired girl's mouth. "I'm sure that's all it was..." She said grabbing me by the shoulder, and leaned closer, right next to my ear "I saw those cheeks." My jaw dropped, and caused me to look at her "Body language never lies." She said pointing with her finger