Chapter 50

Embers danced across the sky as the sun began to fall, the scorching hot giant began it's set behind the crust only for another glowing white to soon takes its place above our heads. The day had been a long one, but had finally coming to a close allowing myself to relax. I was now sat at the table located right outside the kitchen. The house was in complete silence, as if no one was even living here. The light escaping the bulb on the ceiling was the only evidence of any form of life being active. 

I nudged at the food with my fork, not feeling all that hungry to begin with. My eyes shifted to the members gathered around the feast, both of them in their own world. The raven haired boy was sitting there, eyes closed while nibbling on the variety of pieces. Like the usual, my mother had gotten a cup of that disgusting liquid along her newspaper. My head dropped back to the table curtain, piled by countless dishes filled with goodies.

"I heard that there was an apparent tournament that was going to be held soon." The voice of my mother rang through out the entire house, ending the silence of a ghost town. I lifted my head at the unexpected conversation starter. Turning my head towards Ash, he hadn't reacted at all to the news. 'I thought he would be excited about this? Battles are his thing aren't they?' I stared at the boy with confusion. 

Not knowing what to say to continue the conversation, my head translated towards my mother to see if there was anything else to be said in regards to the tournament "I suppose you would like to know more, in particular you Ash? I had heard you were quite the battler from a certain someone." My cheeks shifted to the color of love. Once again, there was no reaction to the boy. He simply sat there with his eyes closed, arms crossed against his chest below. "Ash, did you hear what my mom said?" I spoke up, trying to get his attention. We failed again, this caused me to stand up and walk towards him.

Once I had reached him I slightly tapped him on the shoulder "Ash?" I let out with annoyed tone. 'The amount of times this happens is incredible...' I thought while pushing out a sigh getting worked up over these constant zone outs. I attempted again, and again. By now my patience began running lose. I raised my hand, and preparing to smack him across the face, however when I took a closer look I realized something. The reason he wasn't responding is because... he was asleep...

"Ash!" I snapped causing the boy to recoil and fall out of the chair in a complete panicking state. I gasped in shock at the outcome of my action, but still found it extremely funny "A-are y-you okay?" I made out, barely managing to hold in my laughter. A few giggles still managed to escape me. He recovered and stood up, rubbing the back of his head "Y-yeah, I guess... why did you have to scream directly in my ear in the first place?" He said asking in a grumpy tone "Well you didn't answer when we tried the peaceful route." I explained, returning the attitude. 

"Anyway, now that you are with us. I wanted to ask you, have you heard about the tournament that is being held in your school?" My mom intervened, breaking us up and cooling down the situation. "I have." He kept his answer stern, avoiding any eye contact. This had caught my senses. 'Why would he be coy about this?' I said to myself in my head. "What type of tournament is it?" I questioned, wanting to know more about it.

"According to what I've read and heard from professor Sycamore, the max amount of pokemon that will be allowed is three. First the number of students participating must be known, after I believe he mentioned that there will be multiple battles and trainers will be awarded points for their wins/draws/losses." I paid attention to her, thinking to myself of how many points Ash will be able to gain. "And what happens after that?" I asked, putting my full interests into this. "My, my isn't someone interested. I thought you weren't one for battles?" My mother replied "Although I'm not surprised at all." She said, looking at Ash which caused me to turn a deep shade of rose.