Chapter 37

"Ash, I love you"

I'm barely awake, early in the morning. Staring at the mirror in front of me. A sigh escaped my mouth "No... that's too generic." I sat down on a chair behind me, and slouched in it 'How am I ever going to tell Ash my true feelings if I can't even say them to a mirror' I thought to myself in disappointment. I rubbed my eyes before I took in a deep breath, stood up from the chair and gave a determined look into the mirror. Seeing myself already full of confidence through my reflection, left my mind at ease.  'This is my last day in Sinnoh and I need to make the best of it. Ash will stay in this region for a little while longer, and I will be heading back to Kalos. I can't wait that long for him... My heart is telling me to do this. Now or never.'

"Ash, ever since I first saw you I've been getting these... types of feelings. I don't know how to explain them, I just feel weird when I'm around you. Not like a bad weird, but a good weird. I guess what I'm trying to say is  that, whenever I spend time with you, everything else around me doesn't matter. I... feel happy and... safe when I'm around you." I paused, going over the words in my head to properly describe what I'm feeling.

"I feel it's best for us to be honest. Ash when I first met you, I didn't know what to think of you. I disliked your attitude, and you were extremely arrogant. But... that was the side you wanted other people to see. The side that hates people for a reason I still don't know, and I don't mind that at all. One thing I do know Ash, is that you have more than just your cold and lifeless side. When I saw you with those pokemon the day we walked home, it was as if I was seeing a completely different person. You acted happier, and you were willing to spend your time, playing with those pokemon that you probably haven't met before." I paused, looking at the ground. I looked back into the mirror and staring deep into my own oceanic blue eyes.

"When you wondered why I was interested in you, I didn't even know the answer. I've realized that I do know now. It's because... I knew there was someone there... I knew that no person could be like you, there had to be more... and by now, I completely know the purpose for all those interactions. It wasn't because of my self interest... It was because... I love you Ash" The moment I finished my sentence, I heard the cries and cheering of familiar sounds behind me. I jumped up from the scare, and turned around only to notice both Fennekin and Eevee awake, standing on the bed facing me. 

"Hey, what are you two doing up so early?" I looked at them, then it hit me "Oh, no. Sorry if I woke you two up, I didn't mean to. I was just... thinking about someo-thing. I was thinking about something" I quickly fixed my sentence, while glancing at the two. Eevee tilted it's head side ways while Fennekin stood on its back paws and raised both its front paws to the side "Fenne-kin." Now the realization hit me like a brick, and her stance made total sense to me. A shade of crimson shot across my face as I realized that they must have heard everything.

"D-did you b-both j-just hear everything I-I s-said" I said, managing to get out the sentence. Both pokemon nodded, only to cause my face to turn a darker red. "Arghh- I'm taking a shower!" I shouted before sprinting off into the bathroom, locking the door "Phew..." I turned on the faucet, and let the warm water flow into the sink. I closed off the exit, and let it build up. I adjusted the tap handle to stop the water. I bent down with my upper body and splashed water into my face, a relaxing feeling shot across my body.

"You know he will never be with you right?" 

A voice rang across the room, I quickly shot my head up and began looking around like crazy, gazing at all the corners, everywhere where the voice could be coming from.

"Right here." The voice said again. I followed the direction, and stared at the image in front of me. The mirror, it was almost as it was talking to me. My thoughts were confirmed when my reflecting sent me a menacing grin. The reflection changed, and it seemed to be uneasy in the other side of mirror "W-what are you talking about?" I asked, talking to my own reflection in the mirror.