Chapter 42

'What's going on with this battle? I should be able to beat Alain... This doesn't make any sense, I know that Alain is powerful but why can't I do anything against him?'

"What's the matter with you? Did something happen again in your life, or did you just become depressed as hell all of the sudden?" My head shot at Alain in disbelief at what he said, my blood boiling with no sign of stopping. Anger may have been an emotion that swayed through my body, but the dominant was another. "Shut up!" I shouted out, barely containing myself. I could feel the dryness in my eyes beginning to fade. Without any thoughts process I gave out a command "Teach him a lesson. Quick Attack, with the addition of Thunderbolt!" 

Pikachu dashed off towards Charizard 'Say hello to defeat Alain. I'm the winner of this battle.' I thought to myself as I smirked. The smirk that showed my vengeful expression soon changed to one of utter shock. My jaw dropped when I watched on as the fire type stood it's ground, only to a moment later smack the electric type away. 'Not even a move... That's all it took the swipe of it's tail to push back Pikachu as if he was nothing...'

"Weak. That's all you are Ash. A weak little boy with hopes of accomplishing something too great for yourself. You had the right idea packing up your things and leaving, I can see you aren't the type of person we need. You need to face reality, and accept the past-" I couldn't stand the sound of his voice anymore. His voice, his stance, his words felt like a thousand arrows piercing through me. I let out an antagonizing scream. 

"You dont' know me! Don't pretend like you do! You don't know my past! No one does!" I dropped my head in shame, my hat now covering my face 'I can't take this anymore...' I completely broke down during the battle, and was now left only in pieces everywhere. Without a second thought, I turned my body and began in a direction. I didn't care where I was going, I just needed to get away from him. From this battle. "Pikaaaa!" I heard the cry of the yellow mouse pokemon ring in my ears. 'I'm sorry Pikachu' A tear began flowing down my face. 'I failed you once more...'

I didn't care. Everything was too much. I couldn't turn my head, I kept on running. Running, I don't know where. Anywhere but where we had been. The sounds around me, countless unknown faces gazing my direction, unbeknownst to them what had happened to me. They all carried a look of confusion, some not bothered at all. "Out of my way!" I shouted out to the crowd in front of me. Even pushing some away. I didn't know what was coming over me. If there was a roadblock stopping me, I swear I could tear it down.

It wasn't long before I stopped, needing to take in a breath of fresh air. I placed my hand on a barrier nearby, bending down due to my exhaustion and staring at the ground beneath me. The surface beneath me, as rough as ever. However, a sight to behold that stood out. A single piece of the puzzle seemed a darker shade. I bent down to my knees, and brought two of my fingers down to the spot, feeling the sand and dirt. It felt damp yet nearly dry, as though some liquid had been spilled upon it. 

I shifted my attention towards the sky. The atmosphere, colored a bright amber. To my confusion it was clear, no gray sheet hiding the true sight above, no cauliflower pieces scattered across the amber. The attention from the sky, brought me to the sight to my side. My heart skipped a beat once I realized where I stood. 'Here I stood not long ago.' A small smile crept upon my face, soon to be dismissed 'And it still doesn't matter.' I turned my head from the appearance I once so favored. I stood, shook my head with my eyes closed and pressed on wards.

My trek began to incline, with each passing step becoming more difficult, requiring more energy put into each one. By the time I had reached the peek I felt my legs could give out at any moment. With the bare energy remaining, I pushed myself towards the edge of the world, initially stopping before it. My legs had finally given in, forcing me to drop on my knees. I stared out into the vastness of the world.