Chapter 11

There I was laying in my bed, my body exhausted from the events that occurred over the weekend. Last night, the moment I arrived home from the long walk back to my house my conscious dragged me to my room, and flopped onto my bed. Looking back on it, the trip wasn't all the bad. There were moments that will always be kept in my memory, while others not so much.

Next to my head there was this annoying sound coming from a device. Without even a second thought, my hand slammed the top of the alarm clock stopping it and leaving me in peace. However, right at the moment my mind was beginning to fall into a deep sleep yet again, my ears could pick up a sound ever so slightly. It was barely hearable. 

The more focus I put on the noise, the more I started to recognize it. Although what confused me the most was when I did realize was the sound was. 

'Are those wings flapping?' I questioned with confusion. My mind kept going over the question, until I suddenly just jumped out of bed and protected my face. 

"Fletchling?" Fletchling tilted it's head when it arrived in my room, surprised that I was actually awake. The bird pokemon then proceeded to take it's place on my head.

I did get annoyed that Fletchling was perched on top of my head, but I would be getting the last laugh since he wouldn't be able to ruin my face today.

"Haha, little too late there Fletchling" I chuckled at the pokemon, while it made it's way back to what I'm guessing would be my mom in the kitchen making breakfast.

Seeing as I hadn't had the chance to take a shower yesterday, I went to the bathroom and used up a lot of the hot water. Once I left the shower drying myself off, I got dressed in my usual outfit, and before making my way downstairs I made sure to wake Fennekin up to let her know breakfast was ready. 

"You got home a bit later than I would imagine, and you were also completely wiped out. You didn't even bother to take a shower, which shocked both your pokemon and I"

Unlike past times, I was actually very willing to tell my mom what happened during yesterday. It was hard to contain the information, who wouldn't tell about how Ash was a complete badass. 

'No wait Serena, what he did was not okay, the gang will confront him today about yesterday's battle' I thought to myself while blushing

"I don't even know where to begin" I said "Let's see, it took us a while to reach Santalune City, but after we did reach it and were at the entrance of the gym, the boy I mentioned before, Ash, he was at the gym, or rather he was just exiting the gym" I explained my Sunday to mom

"Oh so Ash takes part in gym battles? Does he plan on entering the league?" My mom asked

"I don't know. We didn't stop to talk as Calem was too busy wanting to get a battle from Viola." I said with a disappointed expression. 'Damn it, why did the others have to be there. I wish I could have just talked to Ash, I'd rather spend some time with him' My mind was going back to the moment, while a frown formed on my face.

"Did Ash win his battle? Or did he not tell you?" My mom being curious as always

"He didn't say it actually, we found out for ourselves. Viola, the gym leader, came running out of the gym with two completely lifeless pokemon in her arms" I started explaining to my mum what happened, even up to the point in the pokemon center.

"Wow, Ash certainly sounds like a strong trainer. But no one knows anything of his past, yet you were all convinced that he had experience when it came to battles" My mother said with suspicion at the fact that we all came to that assumption very quickly

"I'm not convinced about that" I said while a tint of red took over the color on my cheeks. Of course my mother had to notice and tease me about it "Sounds like Ash already has a huge fan"