XXXVII

"Personally I like Valentina or Dante," Ximena says.

"I like those too but I still want to consider more," Auguste replies.

"I was thinking a Theodore," Phoebe says appearing completely out of the blue. She places her lunch bag on the table and sits down. We're in the cafeteria.

"We know Phoebe. You've mentioned quite a few times."

"How about Phoebe Junior?"

"No."

"Auguste you suck."

"I thought Auggie would be cute because Auguste never let's me call him that," Ximena say.

"To be fair, he's never let anyone call him that," Isaac says biting into his sandwich. "Never."

"Yeah no way," Auguste says.

"I like Dante," I say. "An Italian poet."

"You think my English teacher parents haven't already told me that? Gosh they were trying to convince me about Virgil."

"I like that," Phoebe says.

"It's also a place like an hour away," Isaac says.

"I need some girl names too."

"Rosa?" Auguste says.

"Frida Kahlo."

"Bonnie," Phoebe says.

"Clyde."

Phoebe looks to me.

"That would be for twins."

"Yes I would want to name my twins after notorious criminals. Who were a couple might I add."

"Lana!" Phoebe says.

"Are we just shouting out names?"

"Oh no it's just that Lana Del Rey came on," Phoebe says pointing to her phone.

"Josefina," Ximena says.

"Luna."

"Phoebe that's a common name for a dog," Auguste groans.

"Hey it's cute!"

"Magdalena?"

"And her nick name would be Maggie aw," Phoebe says.

"Pablo," I say. "Y'know, for Picasso."

"As much as my parents would love it I'm really not trying to name my child after someone. Oh that feels so weird to say."

Penny shows up at the table and we drop the subject.

"And all falls silent, what were you all talking about?" She laughs.

"School. As always," Phoebe says. "Complaining about a test that none of you lucky seniors have."

"Oh no but instead we have a thousand other pressuring things like university applications."

"Good point. Although we all know grade eleven is the most important year because by the time you apply for these schools you haven't finished grade twelve so they look at your grade eleven marks."

"I suppose," Isaac says.

Penny sits down.

"You thinking about any universities or colleges yet?" Penny asks Phoebe.

"Heck yeah, I have been since I was twelve. I want to be a vet."

"What are you guys thinking of going into?" Penny turns away from look at Phoebe and to everyone else.