XLVI

I haven't spoken to Isaac in about a week. I don't think he's mad but just ignoring me in protest.

He left for France yesterday.

"Okay Casey I kinda screwed up," Auguste says walking into the kitchen. I look up from my homework.

"What?"

"Yesterday I was supposed to meet up with Isaac so I could say bye but I was with Ximena."

Oh god.

"You didn't say bye to him?"

"I mean at least you did. At this point I think he cares more that you say bye."

"Well I didn't."

"What do you mean you didn't say bye?"

"Didn't get the chance."

"Bologne," I hear Phoebe say from the tv room.

"What does she mean by that?"

I shrug.

"One," Phoebe walks into the kitchen, a book in hand. "You didn't fix things and two, we all know you would've made time."

"Fix what?" Auguste looks to me.

Phoebe shrugs. "Heck if I know."

"Casey?" He says slowly.

"Nothing. Both of you two go away."

"Wow angsty enough?" Phoebe snorts as she walks back to the couch.

"Fix what?" Auguste asks sitting down at the table, this time he whispers.

"Isaac is mad at me."

"Why?"

"Why do you think dingbat. I have a girlfriend."

"You still haven't broken up with Penny?"

"She was here last night, do you pay no attention?"

"Not really."

"Good to know."

"Yeah but maybe you should break up with her. I didn't think you could live three weeks without seeing Isaac but now not talking?"

"It's fine. I get through this week, which is crazy school work before the break. Then I go to B.C for March break then the following week school is hectic again. It's the week where we start a new unit in every subject. I'll keep busy."

"Wait, you're going to Vancouver?"

"Yeah, for a couple days."

"Why?"

"Dunno. Figured I'd visit some friends, and my moms grave which I'd been wanting to do."

My mother was actually cremated and so was my grandma. Their earns are in slots on a wall next to each other.

"Okay," he says in a tone that says he doesn't believe me.

"What?"

"Just saying you won't last a week."

"Yeah whatever."

"But," he says standing up and pushing the chair in. "You definitely should do something about your girlfriend."

"You can go away now," I say. "Shoo."

He laughs a bit from the hall and I return to my homework.

Arianna: did you buy the plane ticket?
Casey: my dad did last week
Arianna: how long u staying for again?
Casey: four days
Arianna: I'm excited!
Casey: same