breathe

Chapter 4| breathe

Sean

The ride back to my house was deathly silent. Kaycee wouldn't talk to me and simply gazed out into the window. I was dying to talk to her but I managed to stay quiet.

We got to my house and I led her into my studio. It's basically a garage but my parents turned it into a studio for me to practice in.

"Hey.... uh so do you wanna start now?" I asked Kaycee. She nodded curtly and I decided to tell her my plan.

"So... I was up last night um researching and I thought we could dance to this song." I played Matt Corby's song "Brother" for her and watched as she closed her eyes and asorbed the song, taking it in bit by bit.

Ooh ooh ooh oh
Ooh ooh ooh

Sleep now under my skin
Make sure you'll try to
Conjure the wind
And ease my mind

Ooh ooh ooh oh
Ooh ooh ooh

As the song drew to a close, Kaycee's eyes flutter opened and I saw tears brimming in her eyes.

"It's beautiful Sean."

"So, I choreographed some of the first part and I was thinking we could try it out?" I asked hopefully.

Kaycee

"Just a heads up it might be a little intense as it's a sentimental song." I smiled at Sean to show my approval. Although my expression displayed calm emotions, my head was filled with wild thoughts racing through my mind.

"Ok, so you can groove to the beat for awhile. At sleep I'm gonna come behind you and cover your eyes." Sean said as he walked behind me and repeated the step. He was incredibly close to me and I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"Then after that, you're gonna use your right hand and hold my wrist at now and bring it out while I'm covering my eyes. And leave your hand there." Sean was so close I could smell his scent of cinammon and apple, weirdly I loved how cozy it made you feel.

"And then on under, you're gonna twist your left leg outwards like so." He said using his leg to demonstrate.

"When my skin is sung I'm gonna take your wrist up and you're gonna jerk away from my grip to the right and hold my other wrist with both your hands." Sean whispered taking my right arm in his hand and slowly moved it to hold his right arm.

"Now, you're gonna swing your right leg up and I'll swing my left leg up. And then when you swing it back bend your knee and I'll use my leg to lightly push it down." He was know so close to me that I could feel his hot breath fanning my neck and I swear it gave me goosebumps.

"And then you're gonna jerk away from me and walk away from me to your left and I'll go to the right. Then you're gonna take your right hand and place it on my head and I'll take my left hand and place it on your head."

Sean then stopped and wanted to practice it with the song. I tried to interpret the song like it was my own story and I got caught up in my own world, divulged in my emotions.

Sean

As soon as the song started, we were both immersed in our emotions and moved in perfect harmony. Every single step was laced with so much emotion and the tension in the air was suffocating the room. When we finally stopped, our hands were holding each other's head and I looked up to see Kaycee staring at the ground. Unable to bear it any longer, I reached over and gently brought her chin up with my hand. Gazing into her eyes, for the first time ever, I let her see me for who I was, the vulnerability scorching through my veins, the pain, anger and hurt showing in my eyes. I closed my eyes and whispered ever so softly "Why are you ignoring me Kayce? I get that you hate me but it hurts. You won't even talk to me."

I looked up again and saw the guilt flashing in her eyes. We stared at each other for what felt like an eternity before she spoke up. "Sean....." and then the door flew open.

...
Hey guys! New chapter yayay!

Sorry if the chapter was a bit confusing, it was really hard to break down and try to explain the movements Sean and Kaycee did in his choreography.

Please vote & comment :)

ttyl, 💘